Home

Old 04-14-2006, 09:43 PM   #449
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I have no doubt Manny will break out of this, but he really looks clueless at the plate right now. He looks like he's just guessing, and guessing wront a lot when he's usually the one that dictates his at bats.
I'm confident he'll breakout of his slump, but the thought just crossed my mind as I read your comment about his AB's, which you are dead on, I wonder if he's just tanking it because of not being traded?

Probably not, just throwing something out there.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-14-2006, 09:53 PM   #450
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
I'm confident he'll breakout of his slump, but the thought just crossed my mind as I read your comment about his AB's, which you are dead on, I wonder if he's just tanking it because of not being traded?

Probably not, just throwing something out there.
I think Manny has way too much pride in what he does to do something like that. Also, I think if he was tanking, his teammates and coaches would notice it pretty quickly. Not something guys like Schilling, Beckett, Nixon, etc would put up with. That and we've seen him go through stretches like this before. Pretty much the first half of April and entire month of May last year.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:47 PM   #451
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Paps!!!!!

Lights out baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2006, 10:50 PM   #452
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Paps!!!!!

Lights out baby
That's his 3rd save in 2-1 wins. I think its safe to say we would have been 1-2, if not 0-3 in those games with last years pen. That splitter he threw to Ichiro was a pitch he just didn't have last year. Same thing with Schilling. Great stuff from our pitching staff tonight.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:32 AM   #453
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

So whats the deal with Papelbon? Is he the permanent closer or should I get him off my fantasy team whille hes hot? The guy can pitch.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:40 AM   #454
All Star

OVR: 25

He's the closer for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #455
MVP

Wells is expected to miss his next start and possibly return to the DL. Dinardo will take his spot in the rotation.

Via Rotoworld.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #456
MVP

Wells to the DL and Van Buren is up in the bigs.

I was going to make a post about JVB. Seeing as though Riske is on the DL, and Dinardo was really only our mop up guy, I was wondering when we'd have our first Buren sighting. I was happy when we got him from the Cubs. Hopefully he can help out our BP with Riske on the DL, and Dinardo now starting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »