Home

Old 04-16-2006, 09:52 PM   #465
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

They need Crisp back, but they also need Manny back. He's killing them. I don't know why anyone pitches to Ortiz right now with how bad Manny is swinging. At least he hit a ball hard for a base hit today.

Mohr's a hacker who can't be expected to play everday. Pena's defense has been atrocious, but he has had good at-bats this whole homestand. This playing time is good for him though, because the only way he gets better in the field is to play. I heard from my uncle that Nixon is supposed to start tomorrow, hopefully he has an impact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #466
MVP

OVR: 15

I haven't seen anything mentioned about this on here but it's a little old. Here's a few interesting notes about our old friend Derek Lowe via Deadspin.

The Red Sox felt Lowe “had a drinking issue,” and Lowe’s agent, Scott Boras, even suggested an intervention. When Scott Boras is a positive influence in your life, there are problems.
Lowe spent much of last year drinking in the Dodgers clubhouse.
Lowe has “undiagnosed ADD,” which allowed the Red Sox doctors to give him Ritalin every day.

These are from transcripts of divorce proceedings.

I heard about him hanging around the bars at Fenway Park but didn't think it was so bad that the Sox thought he had a drinking problem.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-17-2006, 01:10 PM   #467
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

i heard on Fox sports radio (i think it was) a few weeks ago talking about Lowe's ADD
Old 04-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #468
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

My sister was at the bar with Josh Beckett the other night(in the same bar...didn't go with him) and I guess he's nice, but got fed up with all the fanatic Sox "fans" comnig up to him and asking for something, so one time a guy came up to him and asked if he was Josh Beckett...he goes "No, I get that all the time though, figure I should take it as a compliment, Thanks."

I'm sure most athletes do that, but I just find it funny.(Also funny that my other sister sent her a text message telling the sister at the bar to: "Get him drunk and take him home.")
Old 04-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #469
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Wow the Sox just missed out on a big inning there. Manny was about a foot from a HR, Trot's double bounced into the stands so Manny didn't score, they walk Tek to load em up and Lowell grounds into a DP. Ugh
Old 04-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #470
The World's Smartest Man

TheGenius's Arena

OVR: 10

Freakin' Cora
Old 04-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #471
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

got the meat coming up in the bottom of the 8th...maybe Big papi gets his 3rd of the day

edit: atta boy Foulke!

Last edited by RockyTop1; 04-17-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #472
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by abates21
got the meat coming up in the bottom of the 8th...maybe Big papi gets his 3rd of the day

edit: atta boy Foulke!
Jesus, he came pretty close. Ichiro did a good job of getting back to make a play on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »