OVR: 61
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Wow....that was freakin awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #522
All Star

OVR: 25

Wow! I called that one too, on that pitch, and no one was around...

Great win! Youk made up for missing that catch that lead to the go-ahead run for Seatle. Big game for Ortiz and a good outing for Dinardo. He did what they needed him to do. Bring on the Drays!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #523
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJ
HELL YES!!!
Amazing!
Mark Loretta comes up HUUUGE!

Haha, I gotta get to class, good talkin with you fellas
See ya man, had fun.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #524
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Happy Patriots Day Mark Loretta!!!!
Anddddd I get some fantasy points... so we all win here.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #525
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm sorry I can't stand this sideline reporter biznitch Tina Cervasio. Can't. Stand. Her.

She knows diddly-poo about baseball and it is painfully evident while watching her craptastic interviews and side-stories. Just saw her interviewing Mike Timlin in the lockerroom after the game and asked him:

"Mike, how is the mindset of the bullpen changing with all these close games lately?"

Timlin looks at her as if she's a ******** down syndrome 3rd grader and proceeds to answer her question politely,

"The mindset is to get hitters out. That doesn't change with anything."

Gotta love those hard hitting questions. Nobody gives a damn "what was going through a ballplayers mind". Most of the time, it's nothing worth noting. I'm more interested in hearing about strategy about the game, not about what the ballplayer was thinking when 9 times out of 10, the real answer is that his balls feel itchy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #526
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm actually pretty interested in knowing what the players were thinking, but that doesn't change the fact that they need to get Hazel Mae or go back to Eric Frede to replace this loser.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #527
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
I'm sorry I can't stand this sideline reporter biznitch Tina Cervasio. Can't. Stand. Her.

She knows diddly-poo about baseball and it is painfully evident while watching her craptastic interviews and side-stories. Just saw her interviewing Mike Timlin in the lockerroom after the game and asked him:

"Mike, how is the mindset of the bullpen changing with all these close games lately?"

Timlin looks at her as if she's a ******** down syndrome 3rd grader and proceeds to answer her question politely,

"The mindset is to get hitters out. That doesn't change with anything."

Gotta love those hard hitting questions. Nobody gives a damn "what was going through a ballplayers mind". Most of the time, it's nothing worth noting. I'm more interested in hearing about strategy about the game, not about what the ballplayer was thinking when 9 times out of 10, the real answer is that his balls feel itchy.

I've never been able to catch any of her post-game interviews seeing as though I watch through MLB.TV, but I can safely say I find her annoying as well. Not too mention she's not the easiest thing on the eyes.

I can't comment on Eric Frede's post game work either, but I did enjoy him alot last year. When I was able to catch his interviews, he didn't seem like a complete tard. Plus he had the classic "New wife smell" interview.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #528
All Star

OVR: 25

Tina doesn't bother me. She seems nice and is pleasent. I've never encountered a sideline reporter who asked anything particularly interesting. Plus, I don't usually watch much of the postgame show anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »