Old 04-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #529
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Tina doesn't bother me. She seems nice and is pleasent. I've never encountered a sideline reporter who asked anything particularly interesting. Plus, I don't usually watch much of the postgame show anyways.
Same here. I usually just tune her out anyways. I like the postgame show when they have Eck on but when Jim Rice is on... I can't understand a word.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #530
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Same here. I usually just tune her out anyways. I like the postgame show when they have Eck on but when Jim Rice is on... I can't understand a word.
Try Kim Jones on the YES network. Yeah shes nice to look at...but thats it.

"Kevin (Brown), what was going through your mind as you were getting booed while walking off the mound?"

*stare of death*

or

"A-Rod, you had 3 HRs and 10 RBIs tonight, that must feel pretty good."
"Yeah, it felt good to know I contributed to the team today."
"I bet it felt even better knowing that it helped you guys win."
"Yeah well, we go out here every day and try to win s it felt good"

There was a lot of "felt good" questions and just to know how obvious the answers to her questions were... Joe Torre would start off every answer with "Well theres no question that...."

Idiot.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:16 PM   #531
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Try Kim Jones on the YES network. Yeah shes nice to look at...but thats it.

"Kevin (Brown), what was going through your mind as you were getting booed while walking off the mound?"

*stare of death*

or

"A-Rod, you had 3 HRs and 10 RBIs tonight, that must feel pretty good."
"Yeah, it felt good to know I contributed to the team today."
"I bet it felt even better knowing that it helped you guys win."
"Yeah well, we go out here every day and try to win s it felt good"

There was a lot of "felt good" questions and just to know how obvious the answers to her questions were... Joe Torre would start off every answer with "Well theres no question that...."

Idiot.

LOL

I'll have to google her, never seen her I don't think.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #532
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Now it might be a personal vendetta against Rice because he was a jerk at an autograph session, or it might be the fact that thenight before the autograph i called in on Extra Innings, was told I'd be next, and never put on and he was on the show, but I just think the guy SUCKS on Extra Innings. Eckersly is incredible, and TC is as solid as it gets, I'd love to see Eck color commentate.

Today, as I am making fun of Rice and his complete lack of chemistry with TC, he comes up with a nice "Well yea see Ortiz was great, but he was good also."
Old 04-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #533
MVP

OVR: 15

Jon Kruk with some great analysis on baseball tonight "I was sitting watching this game (Red Sox vs. Mariners today) and thought 'Why is Youkilis batting leadoff for them? He's not fast'"

Give this man a raise.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-17-2006, 11:29 PM   #534
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Now it might be a personal vendetta against Rice because he was a jerk at an autograph session, or it might be the fact that thenight before the autograph i called in on Extra Innings, was told I'd be next, and never put on and he was on the show, but I just think the guy SUCKS on Extra Innings. Eckersly is incredible, and TC is as solid as it gets, I'd love to see Eck color commentate.

Today, as I am making fun of Rice and his complete lack of chemistry with TC, he comes up with a nice "Well yea see Ortiz was great, but he was good also."
Not only is Rice terrible, but you can't even understand most of what he says. Who was the other guy they had on last year? Tewksbury? He was decent. DiSarcina is ok and Eck is the freakin man. I don't think Eck does any of the weekend games though.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #535
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Jon Kruk with some great analysis on baseball tonight "I was sitting watching this game (Red Sox vs. Mariners today) and thought 'Why is Youkilis batting leadoff for them? He's not fast'"

Give this man a raise.
He must be hanging out with Morgan and McCarver too much. Youkilis said it best the other night. "I only lead off once." Obviously, the whole point of batting him there is having guys on base when Ortiz jacks homeruns. You also want to have your best hitters get as many at bats as possible. I'd rather Youk get 4-5 at bats than Adam Stern or whoever else.

Of course we all know these things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 12:16 AM   #536
All Star

OVR: 25

I do enjoy Eck, he is excellent. He managed to make me smile with his comments on Aaron Boone following Game 7 of the '03 ALCS. He basically just said Boone sucks and he could strike him out on three pitches right now. He's probably right too. He should do color, kick Trup out of the booth for the radio broadcasts and put Eck in (I like Remy too much to kick him out). Or hey, go with a three man team of Orsillo, Remy, and Eck. Imagine the stuff they'd start to talk about, it would almost be like a comedy routine.

Rice isn't too good. He has gotten better but he's no pro. When the Sox were in Baltimore earlier this year and they were talking to Remy about how great Tejada was Rice came out of no where and basically said "Nomar was the greatest ever." Jerry was dumb-founded and just ignored him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »