Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #537
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

What do you think the Red Sox will do with their up and coming prospects?? They have 4 in Baseball America's Top 100

22. Jon Lester lhp ETA 2007
37. Jonathan Papelbon rhp
54. Craig Hansen rhp ETA 2006
77. Dustin Pedroia 2b/ss ETA 2006

What do you guys think the Sox end up doing with these guys. Hansen is suppose to be MLB level ready their just giving him time to get a new pitch. I don't know what they'll do with Lester or Pedroia though??
Old 04-17-2006, 11:31 PM   #538
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
What do you think the Red Sox will do with their up and coming prospects?? They have 4 in Baseball America's Top 100

22. Jon Lester lhp ETA 2007
37. Jonathan Papelbon rhp
54. Craig Hansen rhp ETA 2006
77. Dustin Pedroia 2b/ss ETA 2006

What do you guys think the Sox end up doing with these guys. Hansen is suppose to be MLB level ready their just giving him time to get a new pitch. I don't know what they'll do with Lester or Pedroia though??

I'm not sure when we'll see Lester. Maybe in september for a cup of coffee?

I don't know about Loretta's contract situation or I'd venture to guess that if he is a FA, Pedroia will be our starting second basemen.

Hansen I would imagine will be up here by the middle of the season, and a key component to our bullpen in the final two months of the year.

Pap's is already here and his role could change depending on another injury to a starter and Foulke looking better.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-17-2006, 11:31 PM   #539
MVP

OVR: 14

Lester will be a full-fledged starter for us in two years, possibly next.

Hansen will be a lights-out closer for somebody, hopefully us. But with Papelbon doing his thing who knows.

I haven't seen Pedroia yet too much but hopefully after two years of Loretta we'll fianlly have a home-grown second-baseman who hasn't been a journeyman.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:36 PM   #540
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Jon Kruk with some great analysis on baseball tonight "I was sitting watching this game (Red Sox vs. Mariners today) and thought 'Why is Youkilis batting leadoff for them? He's not fast'"

Give this man a raise.
High comedy. This kind of sums up why I have such a difficult time truly enjoying something which I love, which is the game of baseball.

As fans, we are forced to put up with generally incompetent coverage of the game, which to me, tends to ruin things because the wrapping around the game is filled with unimportant dogcrap that I really don't seem to care about. From Tina Cervasio to John Kruk, these doofuses are more concerned with their makeup than knowing about what they are being PAID to speak about.

I would honestly play large quantities of money to have the ability to watch the game with 0 announcers and some kind of interactive (and in-depth) live statistics feed on my TV that could explain to me every nuance about the situation. If I could have the ability to change camera angles at will, this would be....awesome. This may happen in like....50 years.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:46 PM   #541
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
High comedy. This kind of sums up why I have such a difficult time truly enjoying something which I love, which is the game of baseball.

As fans, we are forced to put up with generally incompetent coverage of the game, which to me, tends to ruin things because the wrapping around the game is filled with unimportant dogcrap that I really don't seem to care about. From Tina Cervasio to John Kruk, these doofuses are more concerned with their makeup than knowing about what they are being PAID to speak about.

I would honestly play large quantities of money to have the ability to watch the game with 0 announcers and some kind of interactive (and in-depth) live statistics feed on my TV that could explain to me every nuance about the situation. If I could have the ability to change camera angles at will, this would be....awesome. This may happen in like....50 years.

Agreed.

That would be great. I've really been burnt out of ESPN for a while. I barely ever catch a mili-second of sportscenter. Just because their are a ton better, more informative means getting the information on stories and players through the internet.

Speaking of announcers and the coverage of baseball and such... Has anyone seen that "one nation one station" commercial or whatever it's call that NESN is running during games? Where they have these random "fans" talking about how much they love (player name)?

I swear to god every time I see that commercial, I'd love to see the guy who says "Add Wakefield to that rotation and they're unstahhhpable." under the wheels of a truck.

/end rant
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 08:44 AM   #542
All Star

OVR: 25

I hate that damn commercial. They are trying to present the "average Joe's" impression of the 2006 Red Sox but clearly those people are just actors, and bad ones. I hate that jerk who calls Loretta "Loretter" and the line "Manny Being Manny" should never appear in print or on television. I'm so sick of that stupid phrase.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #543
MVP

OVR: 14

Calm down people, just a commercial. Have some fun with it, and if you don't like it, don't let it turn you into a homicidal maniac.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #544
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

anybody else see that ridiculous shift against Ortiz? That was the craziest thing I've ever seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »