Home

Old 04-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #649
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Draft order announced today. Sox have the 27th and 28th spots in the first round.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-19-2006, 08:32 PM   #650
MVP

I only caught the tail end of what the TB announcers were reaming Curt for, anyone get the whole story they were telling?
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #651
All Star

OVR: 25

I have no idea what they would be pissed at Schilling for.

I take it NESN's gun isn't working right, because Schilling isn't throwing 85mph (and Jerry just said his fastball has been around 95mph so far).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #652
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Why would you? Isn't Schill pitching?
Oh Schill yeah I coulda sworn I heard Wake pitching for tonight. Maybe he can be first pitcher to go 4-0. Papelsave might be a little tired so Foulke could see the 9th inning if needed? Wake seems like he hasn't had much knuckleball weather going for him early on.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #653
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I have no idea what they would be pissed at Schilling for.

I take it NESN's gun isn't working right, because Schilling isn't throwing 85mph (and Jerry just said his fastball has been around 95mph so far).

The little bit I caught it seemed they were talking about the beanballs between these two teams in the past. Schill made some comment that they quoted him on but I didn't catch. They said his research was faulty and quoted Ed Wade (I think that's his name, the old Phillies GM) when he said "On the days he's pitching Schilling is a horse, every other day he's just a horse's ***." They refrained from saying *** though.

edit: Dunno why I said Sunday's... I got mixed up with football for some odd reason.

Last edited by Thrasha; 04-19-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #654
All Star

He was pitching inside to Gomes, maybe that brought it on, I don't know. Either way, sounds like they are complaining about nothing.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #655
All Star

Thank you Gathright.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 09:04 PM   #656
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Thank you Gathright.
More like thank you Youkilis. That was just about one of my favorite hustle plays in recent memory, you can't do anything more than what Youk is doing to help this team win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »