Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #657
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

The offense is alive.....ALIVE

Thank you Mr. Waechter
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #658
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
I only caught the tail end of what the TB announcers were reaming Curt for, anyone get the whole story they were telling?
[[The two years I've been here, the reason that we've had issues came down really to Kazmir hitting multiple players every time he threw against us," Schilling said Tuesday on his weekly WEEI radio show. "I'm not really sure that any of it was intentional, but he kept hitting players. And when you're a young pitcher and you can't pitch inside, you don't. Because what you end up doing is getting players on your own team hurt. And that's a byproduct of rushing guys to the big leagues."

What Schilling failed to consider, however, were the facts. In seven career starts against the Red Sox, Kazmir hit five batters. In those seven games, Boston pitchers hit 10 Rays.

"We made it clear to them, for the most part, in that context, that we were only throwing at guys on their team because their young pitcher couldn't throw inside," Schilling said. "Obviously he's getting better at it, he's learning. But you don't learn to pitch in the big leagues inside. You learn how to do that in the minor leagues. If you can't do it, don't do it here because you end up getting people hurt."]]

don't have a direct link but it's from the St Pete times, I believe

Schilling REALLY needs to STFU
Old 04-19-2006, 09:59 PM   #659
MVP

OVR: 12

Schilling also made comments about Lou and the Rays color commentator last year so that may have brought on some of the comments made. I missed the first inning so I didn't catch them.

No surprise the Red Sox offense woke up tonight. Waechter is inconsistant and when he's off he sucks. Doesn't help the Rays have commited 4 errors either.
NHL: Lightning and Ducks
Old 04-19-2006, 09:59 PM   #660
All Star

OVR: 25

What the stats don't say is when those hit batters occurred. Schill just gave the team's interpretation of the hit batsmen. Kazmir probably also had lots of near hits that aren't going to show up any stats and the Sox didn't take kindly to those. Obviously, it was an exaggerration on his part to say that Kazmir hits multiple guys every start against the Sox.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #661
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
More like thank you Youkilis. That was just about one of my favorite hustle plays in recent memory, you can't do anything more than what Youk is doing to help this team win.
Youkilis has just been awesome. I like Crisp, but Youk is making it pretty tough to take him out of the leadoff spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #662
All Star

OVR: 25

Crisp can do more for the Sox hitting lead-off than Youk can. And Youk can do more for the Sox hitting lower in the order. They need a bat towards the bottom of the order that is a threat to drive in some runs.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #663
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
What the stats don't say is when those hit batters occurred. Schill just gave the team's interpretation of the hit batsmen.
I know two of those came in 04 after Arroyo hit I think Huff and Tino Matrinez the half inning before. Kazmir hit two batters the next inning and gained a lot of respect from his teammates for that. So Schilling should know that if Arroyo was going to hit guys, the Sox batters were going to face something the next inning. I'd just throw that out there. I've had enough arguments with Red Sox fans over this on another board that I don't feel like going through it again so after this one post I'll be done discussing it. Kazmir has better control now and has pitched well against the Sox so tommorow's game should be closer than this one was.
NHL: Lightning and Ducks
Old 04-20-2006, 07:36 PM   #664
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Does Willy Mo know that he can get more then three pitches for every at bat if he waits for pitches and doesn't swing at everything?

Homerun for Mohr!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »