Home

Old 04-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #673
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

5-1 Gameover, 2 out of 3 for the series isn't bad. Hopefully Beckett can join Schilling tommorow and be 4-0. Who's pitiching for the Jay's tommorow Halladay?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #674
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
He threw 102 pitches tonight and is only 22. Either way, he should be pulled.

Bases loaded for Nixon in the ninth. It sure would have been nice if Tavarez could have done well in the 9th.
Too little... Too Late... It be interesting if we could land Kazmir in the near future as he has all that potential surely he isn't going to be a Devil Ray his whole career.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:57 PM   #675
All Star

OVR: 25

The Devil Rays were the beneficiary of one of the most lop-sided trades in recent memory to get Kazmir. They would be stupid to trade him away and they certainly would never trade him away in the division. Kazmir should be with them for a long long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 11:07 PM   #676
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
The Devil Rays were the beneficiary of one of the most lop-sided trades in recent memory to get Kazmir. They would be stupid to trade him away and they certainly would never trade him away in the division. Kazmir should be with them for a long long time.
It be stupid for Kazmir to stay with such a mediocre team... Once his contract runs up all the big name franchise will be offering him far more then Tampa bay. Kazmir only gets paid $371,700. I'm sure Yankees will be all over him more then any other team since there pitching is a big big concern with that payroll.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #677
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
He threw 102 pitches tonight and is only 22. Either way, he should be pulled.
I don't dispute that. I think 105 should be his max, it's just the inning should have been over and he could have suffered a serious injury (thankfully he didn't). He probably would have faced one or two more batters in the 7th had the right call been made.

With the new owner, it's doubtful Kazmir is moved anytime soon. He says he wants to raise the payroll and with new long term contracts handed out to Baldelli and Crawford the last two offseasons, I would think Kazmir is going to get one in the near future. Should be the #1 here for a long time. Rays are trying to improve the franchise, not trade away anyone making over a million...like the Marlins.
NHL: Lightning and Ducks
Old 04-20-2006, 11:13 PM   #678
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briman123
It be stupid for Kazmir to stay with such a mediocre team... Once his contract runs up all the big name franchise will be offering him far more then Tampa bay. Kazmir only gets paid $371,700. I'm sure Yankees will be all over him more then any other team since there pitching is a big big concern with that payroll.

He'll make good money once he becomes arbitration eligible if the Rays dont sign him before then. He's not going anywhere.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:00 AM   #679
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briman123
Too little... Too Late... It be interesting if we could land Kazmir in the near future as he has all that potential surely he isn't going to be a Devil Ray his whole career.
I wouldn't be surprised if the D'Rays gave him a long term like they did Crawford, but that was mainly for his arb. years I believe.

I still can be bowled over by a feather when I see who exactly was exchanged for Kazmir... Victor Zambrano... Was Phillips the GM at the time of that deal? Dear god that is the worst trade I've ever seen. Even if you're in the WC hunt, how much is Zambrano going to help?

I think Kaz will be a FA in 2 years, hopefully he re-signs with Tampa. I'd like to see them make some noise with this young nucleus they have.

Edit: Hasn't Kazmir been on the 40 man roster since he was 18? Or was that 19? Either way it's 6 years of control the Devil Rays have on him, correct? So that would make him a FA either in 08 or 09. Like I said, I hope the DRays hold on to him. We should look to start growing players instead of swooping in to pick up every premiere FA.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #680
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Yea I love watching you kids develope it makes it more interesting. A team like the Yankees are a good example of trading away all your prospects. On other message boards their fans all want to trade for Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, and Barry Zito but they have know one that those teams would even consider on their minor league rosters.

And Kazmir got traded to the D-Rays in 04 and he is 22 now so he was probably 20 when he first made their roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »