Home

Official San Diego Padres Thread - 2006

This is a discussion on Official San Diego Padres Thread - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2006, 02:22 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Official San Diego Padres Thread - 2006

see you can tweak this lineup so many different ways...so that scares me alittle. Becuase you know how much Bochy loves to move people around and that's not always a good thing.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Todd Greene was cut today.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #11
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Roster: (* denotes on the major league roster)

Catchers:
1 - Doug Mirabelli*
2 - Todd Greene*
3 - David Ross
4 - Pete LaForest
5 - George Kottaras
Wicked! I grew up with George Kottaras, use to live a block away from my house. I picked up the new Baseball America, and he's the #2 prospect in the Padres organization. They say he could be the everyday catcher in 2-3 years...I'm going to start catching more Padres games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Wicked! I grew up with George Kottaras, use to live a block away from my house. I picked up the new Baseball America, and he's the #2 prospect in the Padres organization. They say he could be the everyday catcher in 2-3 years...I'm going to start catching more Padres games.
He'll be starting the year in AA Mobile in the Southern League, a pretty tough place for hitters. Most likely he'll be ready by 2008, but him playing next season isn't out of the question. We could see him in September.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

The Dodgers and Padres each could have 3 former Red Sox starting on opening day.

I'll be watching to see how all 6 do in 2006 and may pick 2 of them up for my Fantasy team(s).
Old 03-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #14
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

It's been awhile since I posted so I'd just like to give an update on the rosters:

Starting Lineup:

LF Dave Roberts
CF Mike Cameron
RF Brian Giles
C Mike Piazza
1B Ryan Klesko
3B Vinny Castilla
SS Khalil Greene
2B Josh Barfield

Bench:
C Doug Mirabelli
1B Adrian Gonzalez*
IF Mark Bellhorn
IF Geoff Blum
OF Eric Young
OF Terrmel Sledge

With Bobby Hill being cut from the team, Josh Barfield's chances of making the roster has increased. From how things look in ST, Josh Barfield should easily win the starting job as he has outplayed Mark Bellhorn. Mike Piazza is expected to play at least 100 games this season, more than half of the season's worth of games at catcher with Mirabelli platooning. Depending on how many pitchers there will be in the bullpen will determine if Adrian Gonzalez will play in AAA as the starting 1B (with Walter Young) or if he'll be on the bench platooning with Ryan Klesko.

Just by looking at the starting lineup you've got a lot of recognizable names. This lineup looks solid and would look fantastic if it were 2001, but we can't forget that this roster is the second oldest roster in the division (with the Giants still older). Castilla and Klesko will show their age so mediocre production should be expected out of those two. Mike Piazza is still one of the better hitting catchers, but given his age durability will be a question.

The rotation is still under work, but most of the spots have been figured out:

Jake Peavy
Chris Young
Shawn Estes
Chan Ho Park
Dewon Brazelton or Woody Williams

Bullpen:

Trevor Hoffman
Scott Linebrink
Alan Embree
Clay Hensley
Ryan Meaux
Steve Andrade
Dewon Brazelton or Woody Williams (Long Reliever)
*Doug Brocail had heart surgery the past week, right now he is questionable for this season.

There has been discussion about flip-flopping Clay Hensley and Chan Ho Park, but nothing suggests of that happening. The fifth spot of the rotation is between Woody Williams, who has struggles mightily in ST, and Dewon Brazelton, who has done surprising will in ST. The final 3 spots in the bullpen have yet to be determined.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:43 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 21

Rag3vsW0rld,

Starting lineup:

LF: Dave Roberts
CF: Mike Cameron
RF: Brian Giles
C: Mike Piazza
1B: Ryan Klesko
3B: Vinny Castilla
2B: Josh Barfield
SS: Khalil Greene

Bench:
C: Doug Mirabelli
IF: Mark Bellhorn
IF: Geoff Blum
UT: Eric Young
OF: Terrmel Sledge

Padres are going with a 5 man bench and carry 12 pitchers to my knowledge and ship A-Gon down to Triple A. Walter Young may now be traded which I would hate because I like this guy over A-GON.

I honestly believe Castilla will come around maybe batting around .270, Klesko same thing.

Mike Piazza this spring since growing out his hair and goatee looks like the old Mike swinging the bat.

The Rotation I think has been set:

Jake Peavy
Chris Young
Shawn Estes
Chan Ho Park
Dewon Brazelton (This cat has earned this spot)

I believe that they have to make a decision on Woody Williams. They are still trying to shop him but, no one wants him because of his age and the money. So, I guess shove him into Long Relief?? Or eat the contract.

Bullpen:

Bullpen:

Trevor Hoffman
Scott Linebrink
Alan Embree
Clay Hensley
Ryan Meaux
Steve Andrade
Woody Williams (LR)

So, I have the same bullpen as you pretty much but, Woody in the pen for sure. Their were talking about putting Chan Ho Park in the pen because of what he did in the WBC as the closer for Korea but, Boch has came out and said that they will not put him in the bullpen.

If you like debating sports with your friends, or talk sports at a local bar whatever...this is all that wrapped into one. This is Urban Sports Talk

www.thehotspotshow.com
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-ducross-brothers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2006, 01:10 AM   #16
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Two Pitchers i see you guys leaving out are Jon Adkins and Seth Etherton. Adkins has had a very good spring (1.29 ERA) and Etherton was a rule 5 pick so the Padres either have to keep him or offer him back to the Royals.
Etherton has not pitched particularly well so i would not be surprised if he is returned to KC. Clay Hensley has been awful this spring with a 14.14 ERA he has allowed 10 more earned runs than Adkins in the same amount of innings (7).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »