Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #1153
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Yay the Braves are looking better and better ..This is gettin out of hand now

Release Chris Reitsma..he is pure Terrible..He makes Dan Kolb look good
Old 06-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #1154
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Ok, here's the question, can this team be fixed via trades and/or promotions or is it time to blow it up?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:27 AM   #1155
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't have any idea what to do with this team right now. We are not going to win the division. I think with a few trades we may be able to win the wild card. But it may be time to say we need to build for the future so I'm not sure.

And yeah Reitsma has got to go. It's painful to watch him pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #1156
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

What? Build for the future, the future is on the team. I mean guys like Francouer and McCann are studs and only getting better, not to mention Jarold Saltamacchia in the minors. I still think we will contend this year, maybe i'm alone with this notion. There are a couple problems withthe team:

1. Jorge Sosa is still starting.
2. The offense is striking out way too much.
3. Need some RP help.

I think our starters are decent enough to get the job done, other then Sosa. We will see how it goes but let's not forget it's only June, remember the A's and Astros last year. Anything can happen.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:08 PM   #1157
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

It doesnt help when We barely ever get anyone to help out our team. Look at our Bullpen..We traded for or signed Guys who never been barely any good and hope for the best. Working out great right now. Our Starting Rotation is allright but itz the same as bullpen almost with John Thomson and Jorge Sosa who have neither done much in there career.

Our Lineup is full of Young guys or guys out of place pretty much. Marcus Batting leadoff?? Laroche, Francour and Langerhans hit good sometimes but Are so inconsistent.. Mcann well he's just real good but still.

Thank god Renteria Came to the Braves, I remember all the he's not as good as Furcal and What a waste but he has sure proved that wrong.

There is 1 thing tho I look at why we suck, Closing...and chris Reitsma..Bottom Line we have blew so many games late its coming back and Killing our team
Old 06-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #1158
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

I know this is far off and probably wont happen but what are the chances of getting a lead-off hitter like Soriano? It would add a dimension to our offense that we are lacking right now, Giles isnt getting the job done. I know we may have to get rid of some young talent but I wouldn't mind that. McCann is the real deal so maybe try and trade prized prospect Saltamacchia and someone else for Soriano, we need something to get done.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #1159
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Soriano's probably a long-shot. It would take a lot to get him, and it'd most likely just be a half-season rental...

I think our offense is good enough. If Giles is healthy (and there's some rumblings that he may not be), he's going to hit. We could use an upgrade in left, but I don't feel it's necessary.

Our pitching, though... outside of Smoltz and Hudson, the rotation sucks. Thomson was leading the league in ERA in April - he's been torched since then. Ramirez and Sosa are just too inconsistent. Probably can't count on a whole lot from Davies when he comes back, either...

And the bullpen is an absolute mess. Kenny Ray, a non-roster invite, is our best reliever. Chad friggin' Paronto is probably our next best guy down there right now. Reitsma's obviously toast...

Pitching's gotta be our top priority, but we need a lot of help.

Last edited by bravosfan; 06-12-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #1160
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Braves called up 6'8" 250 lb Aussie reliever Phil Stockman (0.91 ERA in AAA).

Reitsma placed on the 15-day DL with "numbness in fingers"...

Last edited by bravosfan; 06-13-2006 at 06:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »