Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-19-2006, 12:49 AM   #1273
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Wonder what Steve Bedrosian is up to these days...

Mike Bielecki?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:52 AM   #1274
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't think there is anything left to say fellas. Good night.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:52 AM   #1275
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Ballgame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2006, 12:55 AM   #1276
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

Leo????????
Old 06-19-2006, 01:03 AM   #1277
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
Wonder what Steve Bedrosian is up to these days...

Mike Bielecki?
John Rocker is probably looking for a job

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 AM   #1278
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
John Rocker is probably looking for a job
If Rick Ankiel hadn't gotten hurt, I'd be advocating for a trade for him.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #1279
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

I changed my name again. :y4:

This one will last, I promise.

Though I think I might've said that the last time. And the time before that, and the time before that...

Oh, uh... Go Braves! They WILL NOT lose tonight, I guarantee it!

it's an off-day.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #1280
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

You know, last night when Frenchy hit the three-run homer, I said to my fiance, "that is the one swing that will turn this season around." Remember that game two years ago against Baltimore? End of June, five games under .500, sitting in fourth place everyone writing the team off. We fall behind 7-0 heading into the top of the seventh, and then it happens... We plate seven in the top of the eighth to move ahead 8-7, and go on to win 20 of 26 over the next month, and position ourselves perfectly in first place. I just knew that that one homer by Jeff was going to be the turning point.

Then Macay came in and embarassed Papi and Manny. Things were going wonderfully. Everything was falling into place. But... Wait... Trot just walked, and so did Varitek... No biggie though. We're still up three, Crisp is at the plate, and the big guns are nowhere to be seen. And then everything went wrong. So very, very wrong.

Six runs with two outs. And not just any two outs. Two dominant strikeouts of the most dominant hitters in the game. How does this happen? Why does this happen? How do you manage to strikeout Papi and Manny (LOOKING!) and then let up six runs?

When Lowell doubled in the tying run, I lost hope. Not just in the Braves pulling the game out. No, I lost hope in this entire season -- hell, I lost hope in everything at that very moment.

Francoeur's homer was supposed to be one of those magical moments you look back on years from now, and realize that it wasn't just some homer hit in a June game. No, it was supposed to be the homerun that sealed his legendary status even more so than it has already been. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be.

You know, it's heartbreaking being a Braves fan. Everyone in this thread knows it. We've all felt that October pain the past decade-plus. It hurts. It ruins your day. Hell, your week, your winter, your entire off-season. You know from the middle of October until the beginning of the following April, you are going to have to endure another year of someone else winning the World Series. Something that should have been done by us. Something we all talk ourselves into believing in. We know deep down that our hearts are going to be crushed again, but somehow, someway, we all will ourselves into believing that this year would be the year.

But not this season. My October isn't going to be ruined this year. No, this year, my entire summer is going to be ruined. It isn't going to be six months of, "ok, we lived and learned from last year, it's time to put it all together." No, it's going to be ten months of, "where did it all go wrong? What happened here? Is this really it? Are we back to living with mediocrity? Is it going to be the late Eighties again?"

I thought last October 9th was going to be the most hurt that the Braves have ever made me. Never did I think I would be hurt anymore than I was when Chris Burke hit that damn walkoff after eighteen of the most stressful innings of my life. But I was wrong. That homer just ended our 2005 season, it was just another phenomenal season followed by a disasterous October.

The eighth inning on June 18, 2006? That ended a legacy.

Last edited by BGarrett7; 06-19-2006 at 07:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »