Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #1281
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Nothing I can add to that... I think you just described perfectly how we're all feeling, BG.

It sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #1282
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
You know, last night when Frenchy hit the three-run homer, I said to my fiance, "that is the one swing that will turn this season around." Remember that game two years ago against Baltimore? End of June, five games under .500, sitting in fourth place everyone writing the team off. We fall behind 7-0 heading into the top of the fourth, and then it happens... We plate seven in the top of the eighth to move ahead 8-7, and go on to win 20 of 26 over the next month, and position ourselves perfectly in first place. I just knew that that one homer by Jeff was going to be the turning point.
That was the same exact same going through my mind when Francouer took that one out. I thought there was no way we'd lose the game and this win would end the slide and start turning things around for us, but Im beginning to realize that for once, its just not meant to be. As deflating as that loss was from a fan's standpoint, I cant imagine how bad it is from a players, after a loss like that, I think its gonna be really hard to turn it around.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #1283
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Last night was tough to watch as a Sox fan because I knew how important that home run by Jeff could have been. Hate to see the Braves slumping like this as the money Mets finally look like they're ready to overtake them.

Is Joey Devine able to come up and deliver or is it not worth the risk of his development at this point?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #1284
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Actual contents of my AIM conversation with a friend of mine during the commercial break after the 7th inning last night. :

Me(10:45:38 PM): they'll still win this game, braves bullpen sucks, and they still have lowell to PH for pitcher
Him (10:45:54 PM): hope your right
Me (10:56:33 PM): total suckage in that pen

Man, that post by bgarrett is pretty intense. Somebody could use that post as exhibit A of what a gasoline boolpen can do to a fanbase.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #1285
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

You know BG that's exactly what I thought. First pitch swing and boom 3 run HR. The passion, everyone happy, we have a lead, late in the game. I'm thinking alright this is it we run off 8 in a row and are right back in it. Macay comes in, Sox two best hitters, boom 2 Ks. Looking good. Then....well then it got ugly. Last night could've been the night to turn things around and it looked like that but then that 8th inning buried us. It's over. That's coming from me, probably the most optimistic Braves fan around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #1286
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

BG sums it up completely. I can't even post in this thread regularly because I just don't even know what to say.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #1287
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Great post BG. I wish you didn't have to make that kind of post but great post anyway.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #1288
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Wow BG, great post. Couldn't have said it better myself. I lost hope for the N.L. East a long time ago, but I was holding out for a Wildcard spot. After last night, that hope vanished. But deep deep down, there is still that flicker, because we've done it for so many years, that maybe, just maybe, we can sneak in the playoffs this year.

Last edited by Bamafan3723; 06-19-2006 at 10:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »