Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #193
D*d y** g*t th* m*m*?

caseyd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
I don't think they are that bad. We have a good pitching staff, imo. I'll wait a couple weeks when they have some more games under them and see how they do. Atleast our offense is hitting and scoring when needed.

6-3 after a Chipper hit off the glove of the Giants 2nd basemen. Andruw up. HR here and we back within 1. Far from over. Let's go 'Druw.

EDIT: So much for that. Stil 6-3 going to the bottom of the 6th.
The bullpen has been ok, but the starting pitching hasn't been good. Tim and John will obviously come around. I'm worried about the other 3/5th of the rotation.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #194
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

It's just 4 games into the season, I'm not too concerned yet. We know Smoltz and Huddy will get it together... after that, we kinda knew those 3-5 spots would be question marks coming into the year. And so far, they've given us no reason to believe otherwise... Honestly, the injury to Ramirez could turn out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise. Thomson was one of our more dependable starters the last couple years, I feel a hell of a lot more confident with him on the mound than Ramirez or Sosa.

I am anxious to see how Davies pitches, though. He had a great spring, hopefully it carries over... I've been impressed with Chuck James, too. Reminds me a little of Glavine, except he actually throws softer. Mixes things up well, though. He knows how to pitch.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #195
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Man, today was a tough one. One bad inning and they could never recover. I agree James look pretty good and it will be fun to see what Davies can do tomorrow. Is tomorrow a night game? Hope so, I like when they are out west, much easier for me to catch the whole game.

What the deal with the pitching though? You think it's just first of the season rust or do you think the adjustment to a new pitching coach might be having an affect?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2006, 01:12 AM   #196
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
tomorrow a night game? Hope so, I like when they are out west, much easier for me to catch the whole game.
10:15 ET on TBS.

As for the pitching, I guess it could be the adjustment to McDowell, but his philosophy doesn't seem to be that different from Mazzone... I figure Smoltz and Huddy's performances were just flukes.... Ramirez and Sosa, they're likely going to be up-and-down all year, unfortunately they were both down in their first starts.

Hitters seem to be ahead of the pitchers all around the league, though, the Braves staff isn't the only one that's taken a beating this week...
Old 04-07-2006, 02:59 AM   #197
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Rough day today. Today, Sosa showed shades of Early 05 pre-settled down. today, and it was painful. At least he knocked one out of the park! But, in the end, the loss is what matters.

I was able to catch the first 4 or so innings so I cant give thoughts on the whole game.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #198
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Game pushed back due to rain, hoping to get underway by 8:00 PT (11:00 ET)...

EDIT: New start time 8:45 PT (11:45 ET).

Last edited by bravosfan; 04-07-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #199
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Yeah, I'll have to flip b/n this and the Suns/Lakers game, then going to see Lucky Number Sleven @ 10:30pm, so I dont know if I'll be able to catch the end of this one.

Hopefully Davies can kick some ***, if not, I wouldnt mind a doubleheader tomorrow
Old 04-07-2006, 11:47 PM   #200
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Field looks like ****... you might get your doubleheader tomorrow, Matrix.

Game's underway, and we're already down 1-0.

Make that 2-0. WTF?!

3-0 now.

Last edited by bravosfan; 04-08-2006 at 12:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »