Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #2065
War Eagle, Go Braves!
 
aukevin's Arena
 
OVR: 69
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 14,703
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
If we had just had Wickman for the whole season.
no doubt. The bullpen was an issue before the season, why did they wait till the season is virtually over to bring in some help.
__________________

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
aukevin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #2066
All Star
 
Brandon13's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 8,919
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
no doubt. The bullpen was an issue before the season, why did they wait till the season is virtually over to bring in some help.
I guess Schuerholz had more confidence in the bullpen than all of the Braves' fans combined.

Last edited by Brandon13; 08-08-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Brandon13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:27 PM   #2067
RF
 
TheMatrix31's Arena
 
OVR: 36
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 51,779
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

If we had Wickman from the beginning, we'd be no less than 4 games out of first.
TheMatrix31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #2068
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

GO BRAVES!! We finally have a decent bullpen.
__________________
Dallas Cowboys- 5-1
#11Virginia Tech- 6-1
OneCruelGamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #2069
MVP
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Bayamón, PR
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
If we had Wickman from the beginning, we'd be no less than 4 games out of first.
Really?

As far as I remember, the Braves blew a ton of games before getting to the closer. If the Braves only issue was the closer, then they wouldn't have been this far from 1st place.

I mean, the Braves a STILL a team 8 games under .500.

If your statement was accurate(*only 4 games out of 1st*), the Braves would have aprox. a 63-48 record.

They currently have 52-60. If Wickman is worth 14-15 wins more this year then he must be Jesus in a Braves uni.

BTW, other than Smoltz, the Braves starters haven't been that good either.
jLp_vAkEr0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #2070
War Eagle, Go Braves!
 
aukevin's Arena
 
OVR: 69
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 14,703
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jLp_vAkEr0
Really?

As far as I remember, the Braves blew a ton of games before getting to the closer. If the Braves only issue was the closer, then they wouldn't have been this far from 1st place.

I mean, the Braves a STILL a team 8 games under .500.

If your statement was accurate(*only 4 games out of 1st*), the Braves would have aprox. a 63-48 record.

They currently have 52-60. If Wickman is worth 14-15 wins more this year then he must be Jesus in a Braves uni.

BTW, other than Smoltz, the Braves starters haven't been that good either.
At the time of Wickman's acquisition, the Braves had 20 blown saves this year. I don't think it would be too much to ask for a quality closer to have saved at least 15 of those opportunities, giving the Braves 15 more wins at this point in the season. With those 15 wins, yes, the Braves would be right there in contention with the Mets and there wouldn't be a Wildcard race in the NL because the loser of the East division would take it easily.
__________________

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
aukevin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #2071
All Star
 
bravosfan's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Chop Shop
Posts: 5,184
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Wickman wouldn't make up that much ground, but we'd at least be looking better in the Wild Card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jLp_vAkEr0
BTW, other than Smoltz, the Braves starters haven't been that good either.
Correction - other than Smoltz, the Braves starters have been total dog crap.
bravosfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #2072
War Eagle, Go Braves!
 
aukevin's Arena
 
OVR: 69
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 14,703
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog31
Wickman wouldn't make up that much ground, but we'd at least be looking better in the Wild Card.
You don't think that if the Braves had a good closer he would have saved at least 15 of those first 20? Wickman might not be the man that could have done it, but the Braves could have tried harder in the offseason that could accomplish getting a closer that could.
__________________

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
aukevin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 AM.

Top -