Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #2449
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Devine pitching now, after pitching in the first game... not sure that's wise.

For anybody who cares, he's wearing a new number - 34, since Wickman took his 28...

Man, his stuff is electric. If he can just get the location down, he's gonna be awesome.

Last edited by bravosfan; 09-02-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #2450
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah, I am not paying attention anymore. I figure the phils are ticked they blew the 1st game so they are trying to score as much as it takes so Rhodes can't blow it for them. Oh well, come back tomorrow and hopefully take 2.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #2451
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Man, Daryle Ward's a big boy...

Facing a lefty, he goes down swinging.

EDIT: Geez, LaRoche has his average up close to .300, OPS around .950, I believe.

Game finally ends, Braves lose 16-4.

Last edited by bravosfan; 09-02-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #2452
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

I sure hope this is nothing serious...

Quote:
During the second game of Saturday's doubleheader, the Braves announced that Marcus Giles will return to Atlanta on Sunday to undergo unspecified medical tests. Because his ailment is not caused by a baseball-related injury, the Players Association prevents the club from commenting on the specifics of his condition.

After team physician Dr. John Cantwell performs the evaluation on Sunday, Giles and the club may provide further information. The veteran second baseman was sent to a Philadelphia hospital after arriving at the stadium on Saturday morning.
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=atl
Old 09-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #2453
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

I hope it isn't anything serious...
Old 09-03-2006, 01:23 AM   #2454
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Holy crap. Marcus may need heart surgery

Quote:
Marcus Giles will return to Atlanta Sunday for tests to determine whether he has a heart-valve condition that might require surgery. The second baseman was examined by a Philadelphia doctor Saturday and told that he might need a procedure that would entail going through an artery in his groin and stapling the valve shut.

"She said it would only be about a week to recover from that," said Giles, referring to what he was told by the doctor who examined him.

"It's great that it was discovered now. The main thing is getting it fixed right away."

First Giles will have further tests with Atlanta cardiologist John Cantwell, who works with the Braves. He will be examined Sunday or Monday. Giles said he was alarmed Saturday morning after taking a sip of a soft drink and experiencing knee-buckling pain after the drink seemed to go down his throat wrong.

"It was the scariest thing I've ever been through for about 10 minutes," he said. The pain subsided, but Giles still felt discomfort as he prepared for Saturday's doubleheader at Citizens Bank Park. There were no doctors at the stadium that early, so Giles was taken to a local hospital.

After the second game of the doubleheader, Giles met with Atlanta reporters and laid out what he was told.

"She said there's a valve in my heart, and it's supposed to keep out all the bad stuff," Giles said. "They think it didn't close after I was born." If the condition went undetected or wasn't corrected, Giles said, "A blood clot could get in there. Something could stop my heart or cause a massive stroke."
Pretty scary. At least he seems upbeat...

Last edited by bravosfan; 09-03-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:52 AM   #2455
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Jesus, so it says he could recover a week from surgery, but I would assume he'd be out for the season anyway, right? Anything for the guy's health, man. Hope he's alright.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #2456
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

This news scared the crap out of me -- still does, actually. I've not exactly hid the fact that Marcus is not just a ballplayer to me, he's also a client at the place I work. He's a great guy and has always had the sweetest dogs. Everytime he has come into our office, he has always been super nice, shook my hand, said "thank you" and never been expected to be treated like a guy who is making the huge bucks -- definitely a commendible task. I hope for his sake, and the sake of his family, that everything comes out good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »