Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #2737
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Damn....looks like this guy puts up SOLID numbers. How about that year with the 20 wins, 2.80 ERA, and 179 K? Sounds beautiful. Hopefully we could get this guy.

EDIT: Jeez....this guy has got a helluva slider and curveball it looks like.
Keep in mind those stats weren't complied in the MLB... and it'll take a lot of adjusting to get that good in the States. Not taking anything away from the guy, he looks good, but I don't want you to expect him to be (if we sign him) the Braves savior.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #2738
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Am I the only one who thinks we might not get that much in a trade for Andruw?

Elsewhere, I see people talking about getting a young star + a top prospect or 2... maybe I'm underestimating Andruw's worth to other teams, but I just don't see it. Plus, Schuerholz hasn't exactly gotten the most value in trades recently.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:10 PM   #2739
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveGamer
Am I the only one who thinks we might not get that much in a trade for Andruw?

Elsewhere, I see people talking about getting a young star + a top prospect or 2... maybe I'm underestimating Andruw's worth to other teams, but I just don't see it. Plus, Schuerholz hasn't exactly gotten the most value in trades recently.
Plus Andruw isn't helping our case. Still, he is the best defensive CF in the game. If we did that Boston deal I would have caused a riot though.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #2740
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Kred, obviously not. I'd have some hopes but anything he does would be taken as a surprise and not as an expectation.

I don't know what we'd be able to get for Andruw if we were to trade him. Maybe a solid position player and a top + middle level prospect.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #2741
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Quote:
Not only does Tom Glavine appear poised to remain a Met, he apparently intends to pitch in Flushing through the 2008 season. Glavine and the Mets are deep in discussions about a two-year, $25 million contract that should be completed shortly, a source told the Daily News.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-393178c.html

2 years at $12.5mm per?

The Daily News is the same paper that reported Torre would be fired, so we'll see...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #2742
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

I would like to have Glavine back but if the Mets are willing to pay him that much, more power to them.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #2743
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Quote:
Glavine's agent denied a report in the New York Daily News that the pitcher is closing in on a two-year, $25 million contract with the club.

Clifton said there have been no negotiations since Glavine spoke to chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon about a possible return at the end of the team's season two weeks ago.

"There has been no dialogue to date,'' Clifton told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick. "No conversations with the Mets have commenced whatsoever in any way, shape or form regarding Tom's option or the team's option -- or an alternative somewhere between the two.''
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2645628
Old 11-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #2744
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveGamer
Salty has a chance to be something really special. 6'4" switch-hitter, massive power, great eye... and he's only 20.

LaRoche could become a good player. But as it stands, he's one of the worst offensive first basemen in baseball. I doubt he has much trade value... If/when Salty takes his job, he'll probably be a pinch-hitter and late-inning defensive replacement.
Sorry to pick on you but I was going through the beginning of this thread and had to quote this post. Obviously you said as it stands but he has become a very good offensive 1st basemen.

Anyway leads me to my point, what do we do with Salty now? I guess we can try him in LF? All I know is McCann is the man behind the plate no matter what and LaRoche is coming along nicely at 1st. Salty's only shot may be at LF. Has he played the position at all in his career?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »