Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #2897
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I want Escobar to play 2nd this season.
I want Kelly Johnson to play 2nd this season, but if it's not him (and Aybar isn't in the picture) I'd much rather have Escobar than Prado, Orr or Pena.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:08 PM   #2898
TDO
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarroll21
I want Kelly Johnson to play 2nd this season, but if it's not him (and Aybar isn't in the picture) I'd much rather have Escobar than Prado, Orr or Pena.

FYI Escobar will NOT play 2nd. period thats it. he wont, he cant, they won't let him. Hell if we are going to dream up putting people at different positions, lets move laroche to 2nd so thorman can play first.

ss and 2b are completely different positions and its aggervating when people say lets move this ss over to 2b. its not that easy.

escobar has said he doesnt want to play 2nd and the braves said he wont either. end of that rumor
Old 12-19-2006, 02:55 AM   #2899
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
The Orioles have renewed their pursuit of Braves first baseman Adam LaRoche, this time without offering second baseman Brian Roberts.

Earlier this month, Orioles owner Peter Angelos nixed a trade of Roberts and right-hander Hayden Penn to the Braves for LaRoche and second baseman Marcus Giles.

In the latest discussions, the Braves likely are targeting Orioles closer Chris Ray, who could join closer Bob Wickman and setup man Rafael Soriano to give the team formidable late-inning relief.

The Braves probably would want another player in addition to Ray perhaps Penn. They have been reluctant to trade LaRoche for Pirates closer Mike Gonzalez without receiving another piece in return.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6287132
Old 12-19-2006, 03:26 AM   #2900
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Sign me up for Ray + Penn, if we're going to trade LaRoche, let him be traded for a possible starter and a good reliever. This might pave the way for a Chuck James for Baldelli move, though. Who knows?
Old 12-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #2901
TDO
Rookie

OVR: 4

skip and pete no longer doing tbs games

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...avesradio.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #2902
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

I would do LaRoche for Penn/Ray in a heartbeat...would then allow us to make the Baldelli deal.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #2903
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

As much as I love LaRoche, getting Ray who was dominant as a closer and a possible future starter, is good enough. We would go from the worst to possibly the best bullpen, which is always a good thing.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #2904
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

The LaRoche thing is really heating up, it looks like a matter of when not if. O'Brien posted a new blog today...

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha..._brass_in.html

I'm still hoping and banking on it being LaRoche for Ray & Penn which would then allow us to spin Penn or Davies along with Escobar and maybe another prospect to Tampa Bay for Rocco...would love to see both deals go down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »