Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #25
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Where do Salty and McCann fit in long term? Can either one player other positions? I know Jarrod has come a long way behind the plate, but I love the way McCann handled the staff in his rookie season. If LaRoche has a big year, it looks like one of these guys would have to go eventually...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2006, 07:07 PM   #26
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Where do Salty and McCann fit in long term? Can either one player other positions? I know Jarrod has come a long way behind the plate, but I love the way McCann handled the staff in his rookie season. If LaRoche has a big year, it looks like one of these guys would have to go eventually...
The assumption is that Salty will be the one to move, he has a bit more athleticism. He's probably headed for 1st, though there has been some talk of trying him in left.

LaRoche isn't in either of their leagues, in my opinion... especially Salty, that guy is a beast.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveGamer
The assumption is that Salty will be the one to move, he has a bit more athleticism. He's probably headed for 1st, though there has been some talk of trying him in left.

LaRoche isn't in either of their leagues, in my opinion... especially Salty, that guy is a beast.
Ill second that, I just turned on the TV when I got home this afternoon to ESPN, thought the WBC might be on, instead it was the Braves, and up comes Saltamacchia, boom, walkoff home run, game over, I love this guy, he's gonna be great. The Braves better find a way to keep him around.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #28
Ger
Rookie

OVR: 2

bye bye LaRoche!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #29
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Guess who took ground balls at first base during pregame batting practice Tuesday? Hint: Big kid, long name.

Yes, Jarrod Saltamacchia, top-rated Braves prospect and No. 1 catching prospect in baseball.

Hes just killing time out there, messing around, Braves manager Bobby Cox said, rather unconvincingly.

Maybe he was just messing around, but if so then its quite a coincidence that Salty was taking grounders at first base the week after he had a double and triple in his first two at-bats in an Atlanta uniform (vs. the Georgia Bulldogs) and a game-ending three-run homer in his first Grapefruit League game against the Dodgers.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha..._sighting.html

Old 03-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #30
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

If he were to play 1B, what happens to LaRoche....I guess he's gonna be traded or come off the bench if this comes true. I always thought LaRoche had a lot of talent, but havent been around Salty too much to know what he can do.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #31
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Salty has a chance to be something really special. 6'4" switch-hitter, massive power, great eye... and he's only 20.

LaRoche could become a good player. But as it stands, he's one of the worst offensive first basemen in baseball. I doubt he has much trade value... If/when Salty takes his job, he'll probably be a pinch-hitter and late-inning defensive replacement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #32
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I definitely wouldnt mind him coming off the bench. Even though his offense isnt strong, I still feel like gets hits when we need 'em.

By the way you guys are pimping Saltamacchia, I guess I have no choice but to hope he gets the 1B spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »