Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #865
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Awesome video, H.

Boy I was young in October 1992 (not even 5 yet). I wouldn't be able to say where I was watching that game, I'm sure somewhere in the house listening to my older bro go crazy.
Gee Whiz..... I feel old now, but those are great memories. I was at Virginia Tech when Sid Slid. As soon as Francisco's ball made it into the outfield, I remember jumping up and yelling several times in my apartment room, "Run you slow SOB run". I think everybody in the apartment complex probably heard me.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!

Last edited by Tomahawk; 07-11-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Can't spell sometimes....lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #866
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I have the pic of Sid at home plate in my house
Old 07-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #867
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Nice responses guys, thought that video would bring back some good memories.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #868
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

I wonder if the Braves would consider having Julio Franco play for them again since the Mets released him. Scott Thorman isn't exactly tearing it up at 1st base and Salty seems to be better suited as a catcher so why not have Franco come back and platoon with Thorman at 1st? It's just a thought and im not saying it will happen, I just think it would be neat to see Julio back in a Braves uniform.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #869
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

don't think t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
I wonder if the Braves would consider having Julio Franco play for them again since the Mets released him. Scott Thorman isn't exactly tearing it up at 1st base and Salty seems to be better suited as a catcher so why not have Franco come back and platoon with Thorman at 1st? It's just a thought and im not saying it will happen, I just think it would be neat to see Julio back in a Braves uniform.
I don't think the Braves would go back after Julio. While Thorman has struggled to now where he's only playing against RHP I feel he platooning with Salty is what's gonna happen. There was a lot of talk back a good while ago(shortly after Wilson was released) that we was gonna go after Texieiria(spelling) from Texas. Now, he's been hurt so that's not an option.

Salty isn't far away from playing everyday at 1B. I mean he can hit from both sides of the plate & is learning the position pretty well. He played some 1B in high school anyhow. If Thorman keeps on falling off then Salty will become the everyday 1B. Thorman will either be gone or on the bench as a backup once Salty gets more comfortable at 1B. This may happen this year or definitely next year because Salty isn't going to take over at C for McCann. He can fill in well but too much money there for McCann to set out much. Salty's future looks to be definitely at 1B which can prolong his career anyhow probably. Those catchers take a beating behind the plate so I'm glad to see Salty moving over to 1B. Thanks & let's get in a groove from the All-Star break please Braves!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #870
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

I was gonna say I thought Mac was primed for a big second half... uh, I think he's off to a pretty good start.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #871
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
There is, however, one tweak this team might make involving a former Brave who just became a former Met. Julio Franco was released Thursday. “We like Julio,” Schuerholz said. “We like the impact he had in our clubhouse. There’s interest there, yes.”
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...by_mets_r.html

Don't know how much he's got left, or how much sense it'd make purely from a baseball stand-point... though he's one of my faves so I really wouldn't oppose it. Certainly a great guy to have in the clubhouse, at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 01:24 AM   #872
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Great way to start off the second half. We need to beat every team we should beat. Every game is crucial when you start the second half behind a division leader.

As for Julio, pretty much my same thoughts. Don't know how much sense it makes with Thorman and Salty there, but I wouldn't mind having him as a pinch hitter or his awesome clubhouse presence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »