Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #897
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Ugh, Soriano coughs another one up.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #898
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

He just can't keep the ball in the park lately.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #899
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

2 outs, bases loaded for Salty...

EDIT: So much for that.

Last edited by bravosfan; 07-22-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #900
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Skip. Effing. Schumaker.

EDIT: Well, if the game wasn't over already, it is now.

Last edited by bravosfan; 07-22-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #901
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Our bullpen is showing signs of tiring already. We have a long way to go the rest of the season. Soriano has been giving up the long ball too much lately. Yates has been getting hit & was untouchable for a while. Moylan is still holding up pretty well. Wickman you can't trust for the world to close a game out.

This leads me to believe that we are gonna make a move for some pitcher whether a reliever or a starter. I seen on ESPN last night that there had been talks about shipping Renty to the Reds for Bronson Arroyo. Renty has been lights out this year so that would be disastrous. Arroyo is a solid SP but not enough for Renty. I guess we are trying to find a regular spot for Escobar but Renty is a proven veteran.

I don't think we are gonna get any trade done unless we give up at least Salty or Escobar. Andrus & some others are still very young & a long way to make it to the bigs. I don't think teams are gonna go after younger guys like that when we have both Salty & Escobar playing well already. Let's face it Julio Franco is probably gonna play at least one more year but in reality he's not a regular guy anymore. That leaves Salty as a probable guy at 1B since he's not gonna play catcher everyday. Thorman is probably heading for another team or the minors either soon or in the future. We definitely need some pitching down the road to have a shot at the playoffs. We need a strong solid lefty out of the bullpen & a solid SP to go with Smoltz,Hudson,& James. Thanks! :y4:
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #902
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt45
Reportedly....Escobar and Salty are untouchable. James Parr and Elvis Andrus are JS's two big trading pieces.
I seriously doubt that both are untouchable. If the Braves want to aquire a proven veteran starting pitcher they are going to have to give up atleast one of those two guys.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #903
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Our bullpen is showing signs of tiring already. We have a long way to go the rest of the season. Soriano has been giving up the long ball too much lately. Yates has been getting hit & was untouchable for a while. Moylan is still holding up pretty well. Wickman you can't trust for the world to close a game out.

This leads me to believe that we are gonna make a move for some pitcher whether a reliever or a starter. I seen on ESPN last night that there had been talks about shipping Renty to the Reds for Bronson Arroyo. Renty has been lights out this year so that would be disastrous. Arroyo is a solid SP but not enough for Renty. I guess we are trying to find a regular spot for Escobar but Renty is a proven veteran.

I don't think we are gonna get any trade done unless we give up at least Salty or Escobar. Andrus & some others are still very young & a long way to make it to the bigs. I don't think teams are gonna go after younger guys like that when we have both Salty & Escobar playing well already. Let's face it Julio Franco is probably gonna play at least one more year but in reality he's not a regular guy anymore. That leaves Salty as a probable guy at 1B since he's not gonna play catcher everyday. Thorman is probably heading for another team or the minors either soon or in the future. We definitely need some pitching down the road to have a shot at the playoffs. We need a strong solid lefty out of the bullpen & a solid SP to go with Smoltz,Hudson,& James. Thanks! :y4:
There were also rumors flying around about a Renteria for Jon Garland deal but the White Sox reportedly turned it down thank god. I can't imagine us trading Renteria with the season he is having unless we get a top of the line starting pitcher.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #904
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd give up Escobar before giving up Salty. BTW, did anyone hear Gammons saying that the Braves were close to dealing Edgar for Garland? Why in the world would JS even include Edgar in trade talks? He has been incredible and I wouldn't even think of getting rid of him.

And as I say that, Kohlstar said the same thing. Anyway, thank god it didn't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »