Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 AM   #921
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
Yipee, It's Tyler Yates turn to suck a** again.
... and that he does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 AM   #922
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Good grief.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 AM   #923
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Thank you.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 AM   #924
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Hallelujah.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #925
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

I went to sleep after we scored 3. I'm getting tired of blowing leads. BTW, that's twice Hudson takes a shutout into the 9th and ends up with a ND. Fortunately we won the game this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #926
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I went to sleep with the Braves up 4-0 either in the top of 8th or 9th, can;t remember. This is horrible, I shouldn't have to watch the 9th up 4-0, I'm glad I went to sleep because I would have watched the rest of the game.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #927
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I went to sleep with the Braves up 4-0 either in the top of 8th or 9th, can;t remember. This is horrible, I shouldn't have to watch the 9th up 4-0, I'm glad I went to sleep because I would have watched the rest of the game.
When I said scored 3, I meant in the 13th inning.

So I stayed up a while.

The next 2 games will be tough. Good pitching match-up tonight, then we face the very good of late Lincecum.

EDIT: BTW

Quote:
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's David O'Brien reports Atlanta Braves 3B Chipper Jones believes a left-handed pitcher is what the team needs to add to its roster. "Because there comes a point where all the big left-handed bats in our division ... we're going to have to have someone in the seventh or eighth inning who can get those guys out," Jones said.
He is right on. Man, losing Gonzalez really hurt. We had a pretty reliable, although Soriano has struggled of late, bullpen.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:40 AM   #928
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Salty might be pressing a little, couldn't get the tying run in from 3rd with one down...

EDIT: And the Braves lose 2-1. Dang. Leadoff double in the 9th and couldn't get him in.

Got some more Tex talk, though...

Quote:
Saltalamacchia, a strong 22-year-old switch-hitting catcher who has drawn interest from many organizations, would be the key piece in any marquee deal that Braves general manager John Schuerholz might be able to complete. The Rangers certainly have interest in him and are asking for two additional prospects, with the necessity of one of them being a starting pitcher.

While there has been talk of 18-year-old phenom Elvis Andrus being one of the pieces to the potential Teixeira deal, one Major League scout indicated Brent Lillibridge would be the more likely Braves Minor League shortstop to be shipped to Texas.

With All-Star shortstop Michael Young and second baseman Ian Kinsler in place potentially for many years to come, the Rangers don't have a definite need for middle infielders. They are in search of a speedy outfielder and they may view Lillibridge as a potential solution. The 24-year-old shortstop, who has combined to hit .274 with 30 stolen bases in 40 attempts with Double-A Mississippi and Triple-A Richmond this year, played some outfield at the University of Washington.

As for starting pitchers, the Braves may be more apt to move Matt Harrision than Jo-Jo Reyes, who is slated to make his fourth Major League start Friday. Harrison, a 22-year-old southpaw who entered this season as the club's top pitching prospect, is 5-7 with a 3.39 ERA in 20 starts for Mississippi.

With a need for a left-handed reliever, the Braves may ask the Rangers to include 35-year-old veteran Ron Mahay in the deal. Mahay has a 2.15 ERA in 26 appearances and left-handers are hitting just .217 against him.
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=atl

Last edited by bravosfan; 07-26-2007 at 01:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »