Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2007, 12:46 AM   #929
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

got home and saw the 9th and can't believe that they couldn't score
Old 07-26-2007, 01:43 AM   #930
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Couple more things from DOB's blog:

Quote:
The more people I talk to here, including those with insight into the other teams involved in the Teixeira pursuit, the more I hear the Braves are the leading contenders for him. Which is why it won’t happen (just kidding; well sort of).

Elvis Andrus’ name keeps coming up, and the Braves would definitely trade him as part of the package if it got the deal done. I don’t think they’d do Jo-Jo, though. Maybe Harrison, but not Jo-Jo — a potential top-of-rotation lefty, they’d be a bit crazy to move him, in my opinion.

If they could do something like Salty-Elvis-Harrison for Tex-Wilson or Tex-Gagne, that’d be a good deal, in my view. And the Braves would be in the driver’s seat for the division title, without sacrificing their top pitching prospect. They can afford to move Elvis, because Escobar has clearly shown he can be a very strong SS for years after Renteria’s gone.

Elvis, while defensively spectacular, still hasn’t hit.
And this one is a head-scratcher...

Quote:
You won’t believe the other rumor I heard this afternoon, got a call from a New York reporter who heard from someone with the Yankees that the Braves had inquired about … are you ready? … Johnny Damon.

Hey, I never completely discount anything, but didn’t think this one made enough sense to print or put in the blog, not without getting some Legit Substantiation. I mean, Holy Cornelia. Johnny Damon?

Unrelated, but LOL at Erin Andrews being on ESPN's Who's Now? panel.

In my defense, I'm only watching this 'cause they've been promoting a trade deadline segment up next...

EDIT: Okay, one last thing...

AJC: Possible Teixeira trade sets clubhouse abuzz

Last edited by bravosfan; 07-26-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #931
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
Couple more things from DOB's blog:

And this one is a head-scratcher...

Unrelated, but LOL at Erin Andrews being on ESPN's Who's Now? panel.

In my defense, I'm only watching this 'cause they've been promoting a trade deadline segment up next...

EDIT: Okay, one last thing...

AJC: Possible Teixeira trade sets clubhouse abuzz
Interesting article indeed! It looks like Salty might be a good possibility in a trade. Teixeira would definitely be a solid bat in the lineup. Let's face it right now. Salty doesn't have a regular place to play right now. He is not a regular 1B & isn't gonna play much due to McCann behind the plate. I'd hate to see him go but if this type trade could booster our offense then so be it.

I still feel we need pitching help worse than a bat. There's just not enough top of the line pitchers(SP) available. I don't see us trying to get Mahay from Texas too in a Teixiera deal. I also believe that Wickman isn't gonna carry us in a closing role either. Soriano has been struggling but overall he's been good & has more powerful stuff than the older Wickman. We certainly miss Gonzalez for that lefty role.

Do we go after a SP & a possible setup man/closer too? I mean we are really shaky in finishing out games from the bullpen. Gagne is a true closer & also Octavio Dotel can close games too. I just am not comfortable with what we've got right now trying to finish out games. Wickman was really solid in his prime but now is very shaky. You just hold your breath when he comes in to close a game. I don't think Soriano is ready for the closer role either. We need to seriously consider the closer/setup role as an option too. I guess we'll know soon enough! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 07:56 PM   #932
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Frenchy belts a 2run HR. 2-0 Braves. Lincecum has looked great though.

EDIT: Frenchy strikes out with 2 on and 2 out. Down 4-2 heading to the bottom of the 8th.

BTW about Teixiera coming here for Salty and others, i'd do it. I'm a Salty fan but we need a 1st basemen, and adding Mark would give us easily the best lineup in the NL, and maybe the Majors. As we have seen of late, Chuck James and Buddy Carlyle can be good options as a 3 and 4. I still would like to add a lefty to come out of the pen though, we really miss Gonzales. Anyway in conclusion I think adding Teixiera would be one hell of a move and would probably put us in the drivers seat in the East.

EDIT: So inconsistent. Lose 4-2. Win 2, lose 2. Still 4 back of NY, should be much closer.

Last edited by cjonesfan921; 07-26-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 AM   #933
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
The Braves, major-league sources say, have made the Rangers a whopper of an offer for first baseman Mark Teixeira.

The Rangers evidently would receive three highly regarded young players — catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Class AA left-hander Matt Harrison and Class A shortstop Elvis Andrus — while sending the Braves only Teixeira.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7065740

Uh... F that.

I want Tex, but that's just too damn much. Maybe if he weren't a Boras client, or if he weren't a free agent after '08, but... no.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #934
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

no way, Braves don't have the money to keep him and giving up 3 players for a one year rent-a-player
Old 07-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #935
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

Well he's not really a rent-a-player...we'd be getting him for a year and a half, that's not bad.

Also, only way I think JS makes that trade is if he has it assured that Tex will sign an extension...if that's the case, it's not a bad trade at all.

But then again, at one point we're were supposedly going to trade Giles, Meyer, and Davies for Huddy and look how that turned out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 01:17 PM   #936
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd do it in a heartbeat if we sign Tex to an extension. Honestly, i'd do it even without the promise of an extension. He would more then make up for Andruw's offense next year, and I like Andrus and all but he hasn't proven anything yet while Escobar has shown what he can do. Then it comes to Salty, we can keep him on our team and see how he pans out at 1st, or trade him and bring in a gold glover with major power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »