Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #1025
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Teixeira is in the dugout. They showed him on the big HD monitor at Turner Field and he got a standing ovation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #1026
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

I think we have done a really nice job with the trades at the deadline. However, I am not a big fan of the deal in which we sent Ledezma & Startup to the Padres for Royce Ring. It's not that Ledezma went because he was already designated for assignment & was either gonna be traded or waived anyhow. You look what Startup was doing at AAA Richmond & you can understand where I'm coming from here.

He was destined to possibly even get a callup soon for the Braves at any time. Royce Ring was at one time a pretty highly rated prospect for the Mets back about 3 years ago. He is a sidearmer that can throw pretty hard but has very bad control problems at times.

Startup has been successful at every level in the Braves system & is still only 22 years old. He can start & come out of the bullpen. I just don't like getting rid of him for a Royce Ring which has shown at the big league level & all levels that he has control issues. Overall, we have done a solid job with the trades but I don't like this one at all.

Also, I didn't like the fact that we also had thrown in Beau Jones for the Salty deal. Where did this come from? I never seen another player mentioned in the deal leading up to the trade announcement. I know Harrison was one pitcher talked about but there was question about his recent minor arm injury. There was no mention of a 5th player & to see it be a former early round draft pick was shocking to me. Beau Jones is a highly rated young pitcher so the Rangers pulled another solid prospect out of the hat on this trade.

I still think we got what we needed in the trade but that 5th player & it being a Beau Jones is a lot to part with in this trade. I'm more worried about the future of this trade than anything else. Tex probably will not be around after 2008 & Mahay might not be in Atlanta after this year. He's already 36 years old & not exactly a spring chicken. Geez! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 PM   #1027
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Braves win 12-4.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM   #1028
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

The Braves reportedly would've traded Bob Wickman to the Yankees for Kyle Farnsworth, but wanted the Yanks to pick up all of Kyle's remaining salary (roughly $7 million). So, no deal...

Braves win big, 12-4. Big games for KJ, Mac, and Frenchy.

Tex got a nice ovation when he was shown in the dugout, too.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:23 PM   #1029
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

We should have traded Wickman for Proctor.

Braves win! Nice way to start off the homestand.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #1030
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

I think JS made some great trades that improve the Braves tremendously and we are definitely a contender now because of them. I agree with Tony on the Royce Ring deal though and I don't understand why JS traded Will Startup who could have easily been in our bullpen come September callups and on the team next year as a talented young left-handed arm. Im also a little dissapointed that we didn't acquire a starting pitcher even if it would have been Arroyo or Silva. I think we will be fine though as long as James and Carlyle continue to pitch consistently in the 3 and 4 spots and even if they struggle on occasion we once again have one of the best bullpens in baseball.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #1031
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
I think JS made some great trades that improve the Braves tremendously and we are definitely a contender now because of them. I agree with Tony on the Royce Ring deal though and I don't understand why JS traded Will Startup who could have easily been in our bullpen come September callups and on the team next year as a talented young left-handed arm. Im also a little dissapointed that we didn't acquire a starting pitcher even if it would have been Arroyo or Silva. I think we will be fine though as long as James and Carlyle continue to pitch consistently in the 3 and 4 spots and even if they struggle on occasion we once again have one of the best bullpens in baseball.
Startup will be up for the Padres very soon I bet. They just traded Linebrink & Startup is having a great year. I sure am disappointed that we had to part with him to get Royce Ring. Geez!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #1032
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Julio Franco DFA'd...

Obviously somebody had to go, but I'm rather surprised it was Julio. Hopefully he'll accept a minor league assignment and we can bring him back when the rosters expand next month.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »