Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 AM   #1113
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

What a heart-breaking game to lose tonight.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:20 AM   #1114
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
Reyes was sent down after the game, Cormier called up.

That didn't take long.
Woohoo, Cormier is back. I don't see how they think he is going to do any better than Reyes. If im not mistaken hasn't he given up 7 HRs in roughly 7 innings for the Braves this year? We really need a starting pitcher.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #1115
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Tough game to lose, especially after you score 11 runs and put up double digit runs for the fourth game in a row. Especially after having a 9-5 lead and due to errors and injuries, you give up a game-tying grand slam.

We need to win these damn games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #1116
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Tough one to lose last night! I couldn't stay up to watch it all. I went to bed in the top of the 12th. I agree guys we can't afford to lose games like this period.

I know we have made some really good moves at the trade deadline guys! However, realistically we should be looking at more of a run for the wild card than the division right now. I'm not saying we can't win the division but the Mets are starting to hit their stride again. There are about 4 teams right now that are close in the wild card standings & we're right there as one of those teams.

I think getting Tex as well as Dotel & Mahay will certainly help for the penant race the rest of this season but we really need to be more realistic about our chances for the division. We are 4 1/2 games back right now which isn't impossible to gain but the Mets are back playing the way they should be right now. We had our chance to catch up when they were struggling but so did we.

The Phillies are the team that I'm more worried about now. They are playing really well & are ahead of us now in the division. While I don't think they have the lineup that we possess now they still have a solid bunch of hitters(even with Utley out a while). They don't have a true closer but Myers is good enough to get the job done. He would be starting right now if they had a strong guy to close games out. He still may end up being a SP again before the years out.

Our biggest problem appears to be not enough starting pitching. Once you get past James then we have nobody to really count on game after game. James can even be shaky but he has been pitching pretty well lately though. Carlyle is capable but just doesn't have dominate stuff. Reyes(now sent back down) is not ready for the bigs just yet. We now have Lance Cormier back but he isn't the answer either. He was pitching so well in spring training but had an injury to detain that. He's not been the same since.

For these reasons we needed a SP bad before the trade deadline. There was that rumor about getting Arroyo from the Reds. That would have been great. Instead, we send Startup to the Padres for a dang Royce Ring. I am just upset about that one. We made all these good deals & then bust one to get rid of a promising prospect in Startup. Yeah, we also got rid of some other prospects but what we got in return fit our needs. Not with the Startup deal though.

We should really be wishing for a run at the wild card because we're right there in that category but the division is something that we may be asking too much for right now. Now, if we were tied or maybe a game out right now then we should expect a division title. Again. I'm not counting us out but we can't be looking for this the way things are going at the moment. Thanks guys!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #1117
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

I was at the game last night and it was just a strange game all around. I'll be back out there tonight so hopefuly this one turns out better.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #1118
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Renteria to the DL, high-ankle sprain.

Those tend to linger for a while... luckily we have Yunel.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #1119
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Liberty Media hints at expanding the Braves budget? I think so..

Quote:
"We're trying to build a winner as opposed to build a business," McGuirk said.
I took the quote from the article on the Braves official site. You can check it out here, it's a pretty good read. Let's hope the spending will continue to resign Andruw and Tex..

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=atl
Old 08-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #1120
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
Renteria to the DL, high-ankle sprain.

Those tend to linger for a while... luckily we have Yunel.
Ouch, he'll be missed but Escobar should do well for us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »