Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #1265
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Andruw with a double with runners in scoring position. It's nice to see it happen every once in a while. Braves lead 5-2 in the 6th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #1266
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Tim Hudson - professional hitter.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #1267
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

Alright Wickman, don't screw this one up.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #1268
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Can always count on Wick to make it interesting.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 PM   #1269
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

He about blew it but he still got it done.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:58 PM   #1270
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Gammons mentioned the Braves amongst the teams interested in David Wells.

He's not very good anymore, and he certainly comes with some, uh... "baggage". But he'd probably still be an upgrade at the back end of our rotation.

Wells' waiver period expires tomorrow, so that may be something to keep an eye on.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #1271
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
Gammons mentioned the Braves amongst the teams interested in David Wells.

He's not very good anymore, and he certainly comes with some, uh... "baggage". But he'd probably still be an upgrade at the back end of our rotation.

Wells' waiver period expires tomorrow, so that may be something to keep an eye on.
Personally, I don't want us to get Wells. We have our 1-4 SP pretty much intact. The 5th spot right now is with Cormier but I think he's not the answer. However, Wells is old & plus he's not shown he can pitch this year at a high enough level. He is a veteran but he's just not got it anymore. I feel that Cormier being younger plus already in that 5th spot is probably the guy right now but I honestly don't have any confidence in him to provide us anything either.

I just don't want to get Wells to replace him. Who else do we have? Well, really nobody because Reyes isn't ready for MLB yet. I haven't understood why we haven't given Trey Hodges a chance at that 5th spot yet. He's had a decent year at Richmond so I don't know. We really have nobody else to count on in that 5rth spot in the rotation. This is why we needed to go after someone at the trade deadline IMO. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #1272
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Personally, I don't want us to get Wells. We have our 1-4 SP pretty much intact. The 5th spot right now is with Cormier but I think he's not the answer. However, Wells is old & plus he's not shown he can pitch this year at a high enough level. He is a veteran but he's just not got it anymore. I feel that Cormier being younger plus already in that 5th spot is probably the guy right now but I honestly don't have any confidence in him to provide us anything either.

I just don't want to get Wells to replace him. Who else do we have? Well, really nobody because Reyes isn't ready for MLB yet. I haven't understood why we haven't given Trey Hodges a chance at that 5th spot yet. He's had a decent year at Richmond so I don't know. We really have nobody else to count on in that 5rth spot in the rotation. This is why we needed to go after someone at the trade deadline IMO. Thanks!
Your right, we don't have alot of options for the 5th spot right now however there are a few things the Braves could do but I don't think they will. Like you said Trey Hodges is one option. Kevin Barry is another option as he has started games in the minors before. If Taynon Sturtze was healthy enough he might be an option as he has been a long reliever the majority of his career. Oscar Villarreal has been a starter in the past (most recently was last year) and he performed pretty well so I don't understand why he hasn't been given an opportunity yet, it's not like we don't have anyone to replace him in the bullpen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »