Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #1305
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Throw him a strike if you dare-a

The Atlanta Braves got Mark Teixeira.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #1306
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Tonight's game was a spanking. Everyone seemed to contribute to the 14-4 victory. Tex was a force once again blasting 2 3-run HRs for 6 RBIs. Even Andruw contributed with a HR which is good to see since he hasn't been doing much for us lately. Hopefully this will spark a winning streak of 6 games or more.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #1307
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Congrats to Huddy getting his 15th win If he could take away two bad 9th innings (or have Wickman be able to save him) he'd have 17 with a good chance of getting 20 this year. It's good to see him doing so well.

I kinda wish now that the Braves could have been able to trade Druw (not that he'd allow for a trade) for a solid starting pitcher. That's really starting to look like the Braves downfall here at the end of the year. If they could use the money this offseason to bring in someone really good as a SP, I wouldn't be totally against losing Andruw.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #1308
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Congrats to Huddy getting his 15th win If he could take away two bad 9th innings (or have Wickman be able to save him) he'd have 17 with a good chance of getting 20 this year. It's good to see him doing so well.

I kinda wish now that the Braves could have been able to trade Druw (not that he'd allow for a trade) for a solid starting pitcher. That's really starting to look like the Braves downfall here at the end of the year. If they could use the money this offseason to bring in someone really good as a SP, I wouldn't be totally against losing Andruw.
At this point I'm not really against losing Andruw at all. I'm sure he'll have a better year than this next year but he'll still be the same ole inconsistent Andruw, and I'm really just tired of it.

Of course, if he gets hot from here on out and carries us into the playoffs my opinion may change.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #1309
Rookie

OVR: 1

And don't forget we're supposed to get Hampton back next year, so we'll have a rotation that would go:

1. John Smoltz
2. Tim Hudson
3. Mike Hampton (hopefully)
4. Chuck James
5. Buddy Carlyle

So starting pitching may not be an issue this off season. I hope we can resign Dotel so we'd still have 3 closers to turn to (Gonzalez, Soriano, and Dotel). Throw in Moylan and Mahay and that's a solid bullpen right there.

For next year, we just need a couple more relievers and better bench players and then we'll be set.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #1310
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbraves92
And don't forget we're supposed to get Hampton back next year, so we'll have a rotation that would go:

1. John Smoltz
2. Tim Hudson
4. Chuck James
5. Buddy Carlyle

So starting pitching may not be an issue this off season. I hope we can resign Dotel so we'd still have 3 closers to turn to (Gonzalez, Soriano, and Dotel). Throw in Moylan and Mahay and that's a solid bullpen right there.

For next year, we just need a couple more relievers and better bench players and then we'll be set.
But then again you never know. Starting pitching wasn't supposed to be an issue this year but look where we are now in that department. We are relying on guys like Lance Cormier and JoJo Reyes to provide us with quality stars at the back end of our rotation and that hasn't worked out very well at all. I agree with aukevin in regard to bringing in a solid starter or even two this offseason because in all actuality we cannot count on Hampton for a whole hell of a lot. Bottom line is the guy cannot stay healthy and it wouldn't suprise me if he hits another road block and misses some time next season. As far as Carlyle is concerned he has been magnificent for us this season and is one of the reasons we are still in this pennant race however I just don't think he can continue to have this kind of success long term so it wouldn't hurt to look for a possible replacement for him either.

Last edited by Kohlstar20; 08-21-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #1311
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbraves92

1. John Smoltz
2. Tim Hudson
4. Chuck James
5. Buddy Carlyle

I don't think Hampton will ever pitch effectively for the Braves.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #1312
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I don't think Hampton will ever pitch effectively for the Braves.
I think he's already pitched effectively, it's his longevity that we are having problems with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »