Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-18-2007, 05:07 AM   #1465
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Hunter also said that Washington's large African-American population is a factor in his interest in playing for the Nationals, as he would like to be a leader in the community. Hunter said the Braves have also piqued his interest, for the same reason.

"I always talk to my wife about being interested in playing in front of the African-American fans and trying to get the African Americans back to playing the game," he said. "If I go to Atlanta or D.C. and make a difference that way, I would love it. Trust me -- D.C. is very interesting to me as well as Atlanta."
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnered=rss_mlb

Pretty unlikely, seeing how he'll probably get as much or more than Andruw...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #1466
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnered=rss_mlb

Pretty unlikely, seeing how he'll probably get as much or more than Andruw...
Is anyone else anxious for Wren to make a JS-like splash in the trade market that no one is expecting? Maybe the Renteria deal was our splash, but Atlanta always seems to make a move where we get the better end of a deal that no one is expecting.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #1467
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Figure we'll surely sign Glavine and trade for a Crisp/DeJesus type in center... beyond that, I'm not really anticipating any major splash. Another Soriano type deal that catches everyone off-guard would be welcome, though.

Oh, in other news, Mike Hampton is due to begin pitching in the Mexican Winter League Nov. 20.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #1468
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
Figure we'll surely sign Glavine and trade for a Crisp/DeJesus type in center... beyond that, I'm not really anticipating any major splash. Another Soriano type deal that catches everyone off-guard would be welcome, though.

Oh, in other news, Mike Hampton is due to begin pitching in the Mexican Winter League Nov. 20.
Would love to see a crisp type center fielder. Not to mention seeing Tom retire as a Brave would be great as well. He still doesn't look right in a mets uniform, but then again, who does?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #1469
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe Crisp coming to Atlanta is a reality, with the emergence of Ellsbury in Boston. Has anyone heard speculation on what Boston would ask for in a Crisp trade?

Mike Cameron might can be had for cheap now, following news of his suspension. I don't particularly like the idea of getting Cameron - he strikes out too much - but it's plausible that Harris could stand in for Cameron until his suspension runs out. Judging by Harris' last couple of months of the season, though, that could make for a rough beginning to the '08 season. It's a plausible scenario, but not a good one. I'd much rather have Crisp or DeJesus.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:12 AM   #1470
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolranch
Maybe Crisp coming to Atlanta is a reality, with the emergence of Ellsbury in Boston. Has anyone heard speculation on what Boston would ask for in a Crisp trade?

Mike Cameron might can be had for cheap now, following news of his suspension. I don't particularly like the idea of getting Cameron - he strikes out too much - but it's plausible that Harris could stand in for Cameron until his suspension runs out. Judging by Harris' last couple of months of the season, though, that could make for a rough beginning to the '08 season. It's a plausible scenario, but not a good one. I'd much rather have Crisp or DeJesus.
I'd vote for DeJesus definitely. Crisp is a solid defensive CF but has basically no power. DeJesus can hit as well as play a good CF. I think Harris can play a platoon CF but he's not gonna be the everyday CF. He filled in very nicely this past season especially early in the year. I think we should pursue Hunter because he fits the void left by Andruw much better. However, with the fact of us letting Andruw go for the supposed money reasons then that may not be an option now to go after Hunter. Cameron is a player that I never have really cared much for. He is a fairly good player but is wayyyyyyyyyyy too inconsistent. He has some power & plays fairly well defensively but can't maintain any consistency. I hope we don't go after him but just my opinion though. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #1471
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

If Willie Harris is on the team next year, I'm not going to be a Braves fan anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #1472
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
If Willie Harris is on the team next year, I'm not going to be a Braves fan anymore.
What's so bad about Willie Harris? I mean there are a lot worse players to have on a team. He brings speed to the lineup in which the Braves otherwise don't have & he can get after the ball in the OF. I don't see why you'd make a comment like that considering the way he helped the Braves out last year. I mean the catch he made against the Mets over the wall that at least kept the Braves in the race was good enough for me.

I don't see why he's so bad to you. Yeah, his batting average declined throughout the season but he certainly made a lot of plays in the OF plus gave the Braves their only stolen base threat. He's a solid backup player to have on your team period plus he can certainly play for injured players for a period of time also. He can play multiple positions as well. He's not a great player but he's a solid player indeed. I just don't see how you could not like to have him on the Braves. I'm sure some other team will chomp him up if the Braves don't. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »