Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #1497
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
Seriously how does he keep getting hurt? I swear If I were to look up the definition of fragile in the dictionary I would see Hamptons picture with the word underlined and highlighted in bold underneath it.
That's a good one! It's really a sad thing but I'm sure he'd rather be playing & competing on the field. I would say easy money but he's getting paid with injuries. That couldn't be fun. It's been a wasted career for the most part. He could've put up some solid numbers because he is regarded as a top-notch lefty but injuries is something that he just couldn't avoid.

I read about him having a very complex & strict workout plan but maybe he just overworks things to get his body out of wack or something. I have played sports all my life & I've been through some tough workouts but this is ridiculous. I've never seen any one ball player injured like Hampton. I mean anything he does is an injury waiting to happen it seems. Geez!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #1498
MVP

OVR: 6

^^^^ Hey if he can get paid and not have to go through a 162 game season I'd get complacent in that situation too.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #1499
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Looks like the Braves got the backup SS and lefty reliever they were looking for, acquiring Omar Infante and Will Ohman from the Cubs for Jose Ascanio.

To make room on the 40-man roster, Willie Harris was designated for assignment.

Last edited by bravosfan; 12-04-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #1500
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
Looks like the Braves got the backup SS and lefty reliever they were looking for, acquiring Omar Infante and Will Ohman from the Cubs for Jose Ascanio.

To make room on the 40-man roster, Willie Harris was designated for assignment.
I like Ohman, I have always thought he could be a top lefty reliever if in the right situation. Hopefully that situation is with the Braves. As far as Infante goes it's a nice pickup for defense and versatility but I don't expect him to be our top pinch hitter off the bench.

I hate to see Harris let go as he always gave 110% on the field and was well liked in the clubhouse. Hopefully someone gives him another chance like the Braves did.

Last edited by Kohlstar20; 12-04-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #1501
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
I like Ohman, I have always thought he could be a top lefty reliever if in the right situation. Hopefully that situation is with the Braves. As far as Infante goes it's a nice pickup for defense and versatility but I don't expect him to be our top pinch hitter off the bench.

I hate to see Harris let go as he always gave 110% on the field and was well liked in the clubhouse. Hopefully someone gives him another chance like the Braves did.
I liked Willie too, but he struggled badly down the stretch. He is another Charles Thomas. Comes out of nowhere, starts to fade at the end, Braves dump him, he does nothing. But I do hope someone gives Willie a shout to be a utility player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #1502
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Check this out about Andruw Jones: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2007&fext=.jsp

I can't believe he got a deal with that amount of money. I thought this past season would bring his mula down to around $10-$12 million/year. No wonder we didn't try to go after him because of that type of money. Geez! At least he didn't go to a division rivalry team. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 12-14-2007, 12:20 AM   #1503
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

The Braves will open the season in the Sunday night prime time opener, at the Nationals' new ballpark.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ener_1214.html

Kind of weird though that they'll just play that one game, and then head back home for a 3-game series against Pittsburgh.

I was just thinking, I wonder if they'll have Glavine start the home opener...
Old 12-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #1504
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
The Braves will open the season in the Sunday night prime time opener, at the Nationals' new ballpark.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ener_1214.html

Kind of weird though that they'll just play that one game, and then head back home for a 3-game series against Pittsburgh.

I was just thinking, I wonder if they'll have Glavine start the home opener...
Doubt it. Smoltz vs. whoever Washington can manage to get to toss a game for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »