Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #377
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Ahh, you changed your post on me.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #378
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Great game tonight. Braves win again!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #379
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

Oh yeah, to the actual game. It was the most entertaining game I've watched this season. Frenchy's plate discipline seems to have improved, I don't know if it'll last but it's a good thing to see.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 AM   #380
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
Oh yeah, to the actual game. It was the most entertaining game I've watched this season. Frenchy's plate discipline seems to have improved, I don't know if it'll last but it's a good thing to see.
Speaking of Jeff, did anyone else see that 3rd strike call on him? It was above the freaking "Braves" on his jersey and the ump rung him up. I thought my avatar was coming to fruition after that call.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #381
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Speaking of Jeff, did anyone else see that 3rd strike call on him? It was above the freaking "Braves" on his jersey and the ump rung him up. I thought my avatar was coming to fruition after that call.
Is it sad that I actually thought of your avatar when that third strike was called?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #382
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Surprised this wasn't posted already...

Agent: Aybar dealing with 'drinking and drugs'

Quote:
Suspended Braves infielder Willy Aybar is in Boston, struggling with substance abuse and trying to get his life and baseball career back in order, his agent told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The agent, Luis Valdez, said the distraught player was dealing with 'drinking and drugs' and that he drove alone from Atlanta to Boston to be with his brother, Francis Aybar, who lives there.

Minutes later, Valdez backpedaled a bit and said he didn't know if Aybar, 24, was involved in anything other than alcohol.

The agent said Aybar was too shy and embarrassed to reach out to anyone with the team. The Braves suspended him for three days after he failed to show up for injury-rehabilitation sessions Saturday and Sunday, then suspended him indefinitely on Wednesday when he failed to show up for a meeting with manager Bobby Cox.

Aybar is on the disabled list with a sprained right hand, which he hurt during winter ball and aggravated during spring training.

"It's a situation where he doesn't want anybody to help him," Valdez said. "He's embarrassed for himself, for his family."

The Braves have said only that Aybar was suspended for violating a team policy.

Team officials were unable to reach Aybar for several days until Sunday, and general manager John Schuerholz said they were given no reason for his absence.

Valdez said Aybar was scheduled to meet with someone at the Major League Baseball Players Association in New York on Thursday, but overslept and wouldn't be able to make it there until Friday.

"I just got off the phone with the brother," said Valdez, adding that Aybar hadn't had prior substance-abuse problems he knew of. "It's very unfortunate. This is something that came out of the blue.

"He hasn't gotten a DUI or been stopped or anything. ... He's just a young kid. He's very shy, and it's very hard to get to him. We're trying to get him back into baseball. He took time off to deal with a problem."
Old 04-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #383
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Ugh, Redman going tonight.

Gonna need some runs tonight, boys.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #384
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveguy95
Ugh, Redman going tonight.

Gonna need some runs tonight, boys.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »