Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #33
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kredit
Kohlstar20, I felt the same way about Maddux and Glavine, too.
Yeah but Maddux played 7 seasons with the Cubs before joining the Braves in 93 so technically a good portion of his career wasn't as a Brave. As far as Glavine is concerned he was 37 when he signed with the Mets and had no intention of retiring anytime soon therefore it was in the best interest of the Braves to let him go. Smoltz has already let it been known that he intends to play through 2008 and will not stick around well into his 40's like Clemens and Johnson. That is only 1 more year than he currently has on his current contract so I don't see why the Braves cannot resign him to a 1 year deal so that he can retire as a Brave.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #34
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm just saying, man. Maddux and Glavine will forever be remembered as Braves, anyway.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #35
TDO
Rookie

OVR: 4

i dont think their is any doubt about maddux and glavine going into the hall as a brave. im a little peeved a maddux for leaving, but what glavine did way back the first time and then this last offseason, i always liked him as a brave, but he lost my favorite player status.

on a previous post i also agree with. i would rather retain smoltz then getting andruw and losing smoltz if both cant be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #36
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Andruw may cost a lot, but how often does a gold glove CF with above average pop on the bat to hit in the middle of the lineup come around. I think we need to pay the man. Also I believe C.Wilson is an amazing pickup, he's very good against lefties and will be a good pinch hitter.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #37
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I saw this TV breakdown for the Braves in an article:

Quote:
BRAVES' 2007 TV LINEUP

TBS (70 games): Chip Caray is scheduled to call play-by-play on all 70 games, joined by analyst Joe Simpson on at least 50, Skip Caray on 10 and a guest analyst on up to 10 late-season games. (The guest analysts likely will come from announcers who'll call postseason games on TBS.) Marc Fein again will be studio host, providing updates and highlights from around the majors.

SportSouth (55 games): Newcomer Jon Sciambi, former Florida Marlins broadcaster, is scheduled to call play-by-play on all 55 games, with Simpson as analyst.

FSN South (25 games): Sciambi will call play-by-play, with Simpson as analyst.

Radio (162 games): Van Wieren is scheduled to call all 162 games and will be joined by Skip Caray on 120, with one of the other TV announcers filling in on the rest.

(Note: The 12 Braves games not scheduled for TBS, SportSouth or FSN South likely will be picked up by ESPN's or Fox's national packages.)
Looks like I'm still good on seeing all the games this year

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #38
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Looks like I'm still good on seeing all the games this year
I'll only be able to see the 70 that are on TBS. Looks like I'm going to have to break down and buy MLB.TV. I can't find the price for it on mlb.com right now though, all they're showing is some Spring Training pass thing.

Last edited by Brandon13; 02-12-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: I know the difference between by and buy.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #39
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
I'll only be able to see the 70 that are on TBS. Looks like I'm going to have to break down and by MLB.TV. I can't find the price for it on mlb.com right now though, all they're showing is some Spring Training pass thing.
Same here. I had Extra Innings last year, but that won't be an option now (thanks, Bud!)... if I remember right, last year it was $79.99 for MLB.tv, or you could purchase a combo package that included MLB Radio and other stuff for $99.99.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 AM   #40
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
I'll only be able to see the 70 that are on TBS. Looks like I'm going to have to break down and buy MLB.TV. I can't find the price for it on mlb.com right now though, all they're showing is some Spring Training pass thing.
I had a MLB.tv subscription last year for my parents down in FL, my dad could only get the TBS games. It's a pretty neat service, I enjoyed watching some of the old games they have in the archives as well as the game recaps. It's not as good as on TV, but it's still nice.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »