Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-15-2007, 09:18 PM   #625
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

I'm getting pissed off at Andruw, all he needs to do is go the other way to right field. Nats are pitching him outside, didn't even come inside in the 4th and Andruw is trying to pull the ball for a HR with 2 on and 2 outs when a base hit to a wide open right field might have scored 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #626
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Ugh, Gonzo to DL.

Quote:
During the eighth inning of Tuesday night's game against the Nationals, Gonzalez's fastball was being clocked around 83 mph. Just three days earlier while throwing a scoreless inning against his former Pirates teammates, his fastball was registering closer to 92 mph.

Gonzalez, who missed the final five weeks of last season with tendinitis in his left elbow, isn't feeling any sort of discomfort. But the Braves want to take precaution in hopes that he's simply bothered by a dead arm.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #627
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveguy95
Seen this one coming after last nights game! Bobby Cox came out to the mound after Gonzo got the first out. Gonzo looked at him like he was crazy. Cox & Terry Porter(trainer) noticed something in his delivery that wasn't right. Well, they were right because he was only hitting 82MPH with his normally low 90's fastball. Injuries in MLB are running rampant this year. Players are dropping like flies in 2007. Well, we have Wickman back but I don't know if that's good or not. McBride just worries me with his control problems & he's the only lefty we have now out of the bullpen.

I read the quote in this thread about Redman & I have to agree. I just have absolutely no confidence in him whatsoever. Davies I think is coming around now. Lerew will be OK too but needs to keep the ball down because he doesn't throw hard enough to get be with that. James is also gonna be fine so we really only have a true weakness at the #5 spot right now in the rotation. When Redman comes back then I guess Lerew is gonna be sent down but I honestly wish Redman was gone.

Trey Hodges(AAA Richmond) & former Brave is pitching awful well right now so he might get the call soon. GO BRAVES! And yeah, Andruw is starting to make me a little upset too but he will come around like he always has in the past. I just wished he would hit more balls to right/right-center. He would hit for a higher average for sure but like he said he's a straight pull hitter. He is for the most part but he can hit the ball to the opposite field & with power too.! Thanks guys!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #628
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Braves sell will go through tonight and Aaron will be getting a increased role, but it will be announced later.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #629
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ravessale.html

This part particularly caught my eye:

• Liberty pledged in writing not to cut the Braves' operating budget and player payroll below the levels of the past three seasons. That would mean a player payroll "floor" of around $80 million. Whether to increase the payroll beyond that would be up to McGuirk. At some level of increase, approval of a Liberty-controlled board apparently would be required.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 AM   #630
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveguy95
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ravessale.html

This part particularly caught my eye:

• Liberty pledged in writing not to cut the Braves' operating budget and player payroll below the levels of the past three seasons. That would mean a player payroll "floor" of around $80 million. Whether to increase the payroll beyond that would be up to McGuirk. At some level of increase, approval of a Liberty-controlled board apparently would be required.
Yeah, that is interesting! However, will this factor in trying to get Andruw back? Andruw is gonna be asking at least double the salary per year that he's making is his last year of the contract. He's looking at $15-$20 million/year whoever he signs with so is the Braves gonna consider giving him this amount of money? From past transactions & roster moves then I really am worried about him being gone to another team. This would really disappoint me very much. Andruw & his defense alone has saved the Braves a manyyyyyyy games so I really hope that the Braves organization takes a serious look into getting him back in a Braves uniform. Chipper has already agreed to re-structure his contract to help sign him & others needed. Let's hope this can get done! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #631
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

Chris Wilson his 172 average, 1 homerun, and two RBI were sent packing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #632
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

Guess who's back?

Braves activate Redman

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »