Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #705
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Great game pitched by James today, he was lights out. Soriano and Wickman got the job done as well, good to break the losing streak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #706
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidCrash
Great game pitched by James today, he was lights out. Soriano and Wickman got the job done as well, good to break the losing streak.
Yeah! Chucky needed that badly! Now, let's get Chipper back in the line-up hopefully! Also, I think Andruw is starting to look much better at the plate now. We need him to really pick things up fast. We can't afford to get too far back of the Mets if we want to win the division. GO BRAVES! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #707
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

...just listening on radio, so I don't know exactly what happened, but evidently Smoltz just walked off the field after throwing a pitch. Didn't even give the trainer a chance to check on him, just walked off on his own.

Announcers speculate back or shoulder.

UPDATE: Radio report says he "tweaked" that pinky earlier in the game, and later "tweaked" his shoulder when he slipped throwing a warm-up pitch... he'll be re-evaluated tomorrow.

Last edited by bravosfan; 05-29-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #708
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

What a horrible stretch. Take out the Mets series and we have lost so many games. Need to get it going again, somehow.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #709
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
What a horrible stretch. Take out the Mets series and we have lost so many games. Need to get it going again, somehow.

Agree, We can't afford to fall too many games behind the Mets if we want a chance to win the division. The Mets keep winning and winning therefore we need to find ways to do the same.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 AM   #710
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

I was sooo confident going into this season for some reason. I can feel it slipping, now with the whole smoltzy situation it isnt looking good. Cooomme on boys!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:22 PM   #711
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
I was sooo confident going into this season for some reason. I can feel it slipping, now with the whole smoltzy situation it isnt looking good. Cooomme on boys!
I'm still extremely confident. I look at it like this, we haven't played good baseball lately and we still aren't to far behind. Andruw seems to be getting his wing going, and when Chipper comes back the offense should get going again. The problem may be if the pen holds up. With Gonzalez out for the year, we need other guys to step it up. Smoltz is fine, Hudson has been excellent, James is a solid 3 just needs to be more consistent. Of course then you have Davies who needs to step it up against everyone, not just the Mets. All in all, I feel good about the team and this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 07:59 PM   #712
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
I'm still extremely confident. I look at it like this, we haven't played good baseball lately and we still aren't to far behind. Andruw seems to be getting his wing going, and when Chipper comes back the offense should get going again. The problem may be if the pen holds up. With Gonzalez out for the year, we need other guys to step it up. Smoltz is fine, Hudson has been excellent, James is a solid 3 just needs to be more consistent. Of course then you have Davies who needs to step it up against everyone, not just the Mets. All in all, I feel good about the team and this season.
Ill try to stay optimistic. You are right abt the O though. We need chipper back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »