Home

2011 Florida Marlins

This is a discussion on 2011 Florida Marlins within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2011 Florida Marlins

Read today that Stanton might not be ready for Opening Day. I really hope he is ok by then because I bought tickets to the first 3 games of the season and would be seriously bummed if my favorite player is out when I'm there. Plus we have almost no outfield depth so we would be screwed until he comes back.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah we'll see they said he should be getting into games next week so idk how he wouldn't be ready by opening day unless they feel like they want to give him more time to just get ready for the season.

With that being said luckily my Prom is on opening day so didn't get tickets this year like I was going to, we can make do for a series without him. Dewayne Wise/Bonifacio can make due.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

Now it looks like Coghlan might start the year on the DL too. That would mean 2/3 of our outfield could be hurt on Opening Day.

I also just watched Omar Infante get drilled with a pitch in the wrist/hand area against the Cardinals and taken out of the game. Hopefully he won't miss any time or this could get ugly. At least JJ finally looked like himself today.

PSN: FREExBEER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

Yeah with the knee injury/surgery he wasn't able to prepare as much as he normally did, so when he was able to start working out normally he spent too much time throwing in the OF when his arm wasn't ready for that much work. Sounds like he'll still be participating just in minor league games and I think Stanton is close to be 100% they just trying to be careful.

Dominguez has cooled off a lot recently and the Marlins are reportedly interested in Luis Castillo with possibly moving Infante over to 3rd
Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

Stanton returned to the lineup today finally 3-4 2HR 7RBIs with one of his HRs being an estimated 500ft. I'd say he'll be ready for opening day, Coghlan I read is making good progress, Dominguez was sent down so prolly go with Bonifacio/Helms/Greg Dobbs/Donnie Murphy as options at 3rd until possily after the Super 2 date or until any potential trade possibly.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

Looks like the first 6 in our lineup are gonna be really good imo, John Buck could be an X factor along with Donnie Murphy presumably hitting 8th.

If everything goes to plan with an improved bullpen, a very solid rotation, and a good lineup maybe we can compete with the Braves and Phillies this year instead of being a year or 2 away.

April 1st opening day, let's start of the year good with a series win over the Mets
Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #15
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

Can't believe they sent down Badenhop. What a bad move. DeWayne Wise also opted out of his contract when he got sent down, which is a bummer because he had a great spring and probably could have been a good 4th OF.

I will be at all three games this weekend against the Mets. Pretty stoked, never been to Opening Day before.

PSN: FREExBEER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 12:07 AM   #16
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

Heh i'm fine with Cousins as a 4th OF, I think it won't be long before Badenhop is back up prolly.

Got my prom Friday night so won't be able to go or watch, might record and just scan through it in the morning and flip back and forth between the Final 4 games and the game on Sat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »