Home

2014 New York Yankees Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 New York Yankees Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

HuskerPower3's Arena

OVR: 0
2014 New York Yankees Thread

It's pretty early but I saw others popping up and with the big offseason they had, I figured we could get this discussion in earlier.

Sent via Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: 2014 New York Yankees Thread

Unless Tex turns it around this year his contract will rival Rodriguez' as a big waste of ca$h.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
Rookie

HuskerPower3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Unless Tex turns it around this year his contract will rival Rodriguez' as a big waste of ca$h.

Pretty much. And now Jeter is retiring. Could be a pretty important year for the Yanks.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

Yankees pay 52 mil for a decent not good .260 hitter who can field and run but hasn't learned how to steal bases. Below average arm too. Gotta be better places to spend 13 mil.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm someone who likes to look at Farm systems and Minor League development. And honestly, I think the Yankees have a top 15 F.S, Potential-wise, but going into the probable development, Bottom 10.

A really underrated prospect is Miguel Andujar 3B/SS (not top 100 but in general). Hit .323 in rookie ball last year at 17. Hits .333 against lefties and .319 against righties. His lowest split average was .281 on the road. Pretty good. Rookie ball can be deceiving, but its nice to look at for now. Most likely a project, but this guy looks like he'll be something.

Another thing I wanna talk about is the outfield situation. Mason Williams, Tyler Austin and Slade Heathcott. What do yall think we do with them? They all regressed with their level promotions, but I think they still have their specialty talents (Williams= Speed, Austin=Hitting, Heathcott=Hitting).

Last but not least, Gary Sanchez. The #2 catching prospect in baseball. I feel as if the Yankees made the Bryan McCann signing just to tell Tex this is his last shot. IF Sanchez makes his expected development in AA Trenton, then expect McCann to shift to 1st to make some room. IF Sanchez becomes a pure flop, Tex has survived and McCann stays at backstop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

Jeter 0-2 in his S.T debut. Said "it felt like it had been 2 years since last time"

Quote:
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
Rookie

HuskerPower3's Arena

Solarte is off to a hot start this spring. Hitting .800 with a pair of dingers. If he keeps it up he could maybe make the team as a bench middle infielder.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

I hope Solarte makes the roster this year. Someone who can be a utility player especially with Jeter and Roberts injury history at this point, is really welcomed

Quote:
2/22/2015

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »