Home

2014 Blue Jays

This is a discussion on 2014 Blue Jays within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #49

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2014 Blue Jays

Any guesses on where we'll finish this year?

I think if injuries do happen a fair amount,it'll be high 60s/low 70s win total. If we're about as healthy as the average team, around low-mid 80s,and if we can be one of the healthiest teams in the league,low-mid 90s.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #50
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I can't see this team in the AL East getting to 80 wins. 75ish at most.

I'm just happy to watch the Jays TBH. Not really having any expectations for the team as a whole, and I'm just going to focus on the positives of individual performances, surprises, and moments of good baseball on a summer evening after work sitting down with a beer and relaxing next to the open balcony door. Pretty much what I did with some terrible Mariners teams when I was living in Oregon.

I hope they leave Sanchez down this year. Don't mind him going up to AAA, but I want him to continue the physical/mechanical development. His stuff looked straight nasty in the few times I saw him this spring. I think protecting him for at least this season will pay off.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I wouldn't mind seeing Bautista move on. As much as he's become a bit of a "Me" player, he's given a lot to the club, and deserves a chance at the playoffs before his swing breaks his body down.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #51
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

In the official prediction thread I said this is a 4th place team but that's me looking at things "glass half empty". If this team can stay healthy and Hutchison/McGowan can stay healthy and pitch as well as they've shown this spring than there's a ghost of a chance that this team makes it interesting. I'm not holding my breath though as I have no expectations for this team. I see a .500 season at the very least though as I think the offense is good enough to compensate for the pitching as long as it's at league average.

If things break right this could be a 90 win team as it's basically the same group from last year where everybody were screaming that it's a playoff bound team.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #52
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Janssen starts the year on the DL. Unbelievable.

They called up Kratz to replace him which doesn't make much sense to me since they said they were going with eight in the bullpen. Not sure why that an injury would change that. I liked the idea of eight in the bullpen to start the season since they play seven games in seven days.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:46 PM   #53
binging

SPTO's Arena

I'll put this hear cuz i'll look like a whiner if I put it on the main baseball board but I watched the MLB-N preview show. Every division they talked about every team.....The AL East comes up and not a word is said about the Blue Jays. Hell, even Peter Gammons completely ignored hm and when he was giving his predictions he gave a thought to every team in each division.

It's like the Blue Jays don't exist! If i'm John Gibbons I take video of that AL East segment and play it to everyone in the clubhouse and tell them that it's time for redemption.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #54
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
2014 Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I'll put this hear cuz i'll look like a whiner if I put it on the main baseball board but I watched the MLB-N preview show. Every division they talked about every team.....The AL East comes up and not a word is said about the Blue Jays. Hell, even Peter Gammons completely ignored hm and when he was giving his predictions he gave a thought to every team in each division.

It's like the Blue Jays don't exist! If i'm John Gibbons I take video of that AL East segment and play it to everyone in the clubhouse and tell them that it's time for redemption.
Lol after what happened last year being expected to compete for the World Series... What do u expect? They probably aren't expecting anything from them this year like the Marlins the year before lol. Marlins went to overspending to trading them all away and playing the younger ones the same season! A least the Jays kept most of the players and got rid of those who choked (JJ and JP Arencibia)

Last edited by JaFFiTh; 03-31-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #55
binging

SPTO's Arena

I don't think we're ever going to get a fully productive Jose Reyes for the duration of his contract here in Toronto. The guy's hamstrings are betraying him and playing on that Rogers Centre turf is not going to help.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 07:18 PM   #56
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, that was one of the worst season opener's in the club's history.

An early injury, walks, our "ace" looking terrible, and completely clown defensive play featuring two throwing errors.

I thought I was watching a replay from the 2013 season.

Edit: And I almost forgot. Sportsnet -- owned by Rogers which also owns the team -- loses their transmission of the game for the final four innings.

Last edited by bhurst99; 03-31-2014 at 07:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »