Home

Official Cincinnati Reds Thread

This is a discussion on Official Cincinnati Reds Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #73
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2015 Cincinnati Reds

and now Mez is possibly going to have hip surgery. Awesome!
Old 05-05-2015, 11:18 PM   #74
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
and now Mez is possibly going to have hip surgery. Awesome!
Waste of a roster spot for a month. Great job Jocketty leaving your manager short handed.

Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2015, 02:49 AM   #75
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Man, we saw all facets of Chapman tonight....walk the bases loaded....strike out the side. But hey, he hadn't pitched in a week. That's right, the best arm in the bullpen....hadn't seen him in a week.

I'm just amazed by Bryan Price. Never would've believed that him, a pitching coach of all people, would do pretty well with his day-to-day lineups....but can't manage a freaking bullpen to save his life.

And they might as well flay Mesoraco's hip open. Just get it over with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #76
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
2015 Cincinnati Reds

Yeah, Mes needs to take the surgery now. Maybe get some AB's end of year or just pack it in for 2016. This season is 80 wins at best.

I'm sure he wants to play to justify his contract, but even as a fan, I'd rather see a healthy player play to his potential then hobble around trying to please people and suck on the diamond. Look at Votto.

Pena's alright.

Jocketty needs to GTFO. I can't believe this. He said Mes would be catching in 2 weeks, Mes says he hasn't even been down in a crouch yet. Ummm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #77
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

More than anything, the medical staff (all of them) need to go. It's the worst in baseball bar none. There's a reason guys keep getting hurt and take forever to get healthy once they get hurt...
Old 05-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #78
Rookie

maxreds19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
More than anything, the medical staff (all of them) need to go. It's the worst in baseball bar none. There's a reason guys keep getting hurt and take forever to get healthy once they get hurt...
I couldn't agree more. Kremchek is terrible -- he actually destroyed someone I know's knee.

How about Votto's ejection there. One thing I've noticed about this team is it looks like they actually care, something the teams in 2013/2014 didn't do.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:34 AM   #79
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Bryan, you had one job and that was get between Joey and the ump...hell, you even failed at that.

Kinda bush that Joey got ejected because from watching the video, his words were obviously directed toward Garret Cole. But, he earned himself a suspension with the bump (and yes, he had a legitimate gripe with the first pitch for a called strike that was a ball according to fangraphs).

His first ejection since 2010. It's been awhile since Joey has shown that kind of fire, passion, and colorful vocabulary.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:35 AM   #80
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxreds19
I couldn't agree more. Kremchek is terrible -- he actually destroyed someone I know's knee.

How about Votto's ejection there. One thing I've noticed about this team is it looks like they actually care, something the teams in 2013/2014 didn't do.

I had always heard Kremchek was highly thought of, but over the last few years I have had my doubts about our medical staff too.

I have also felt this years team seems to have more fire in them, than what we saw in 13 and 14 seasons. Im sure having your best player in Votto back healthy and hitting like his old self gives the whole team a boost. Votto may not be the vocal rah rah type, but he leads by example, and guys tend to follow. Votto just seems to be a good mental state too, and seems to be enjoying the game, being the perfectionist he is and not being healthy for basically 2 1/2 years would take a lot of anyone, let alone someone as prepared and determine as Joey has always been.

Things seem to be starting to click offensively to a degree, were showing more patience at bat, than we have seen from the team as a whole for quite a few years it seems, not so much the grip and rip philosophy that Jacoby and Dusty era.

Its too bad we don't have a healthy Mesoraco, because our offense would be that much more powerful with him healthy. Bryan Pena has been a huge addition for us these past 2 years for what he has done in whats been a lot more playing time than expected.

If Walt can fix the bullpen this team is more than capable of being in the postseason. Add a couple descent arms to the pen, and the pen would be solid.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »