Home

Official Cincinnati Reds Thread

This is a discussion on Official Cincinnati Reds Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 04:03 AM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2015 Cincinnati Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Homer Bailey, Sean Marshall, and Jason Bourgeois to the DL.

Kinda shocking that Sam LeCure got outrighted to Louisville (he did accept the assignment), but his velocity is still down and as he showed last year, he can't keep hitters off balance like he used to.

Yeah I was shocked and feel bad for Lecure, always have liked him even before he made it too the bigs. While his velocity is down, its his lack of commanding his signature 2 seamer that has hurt him more than anything from what Price stated.

Really thought Lorenzen would make it, and would have preferred him to Iglesias, but with all the guys who weren't on the 40 man to make the team, I think hurt Lorenzen since he wasn't on the 40 man. I just don't think Iglesias will be all that good this yr, but hopefully Im wrong. I figure he will either go down or go to the pen when Homer is back.

I figure even if we stay healthy with the pitching staff that we might see guys moving up and down this season. Pitching not as clear cut as we have been use to the past few years. I just hope the bullpen don't suck like it did last season, that was horrible to watch. You basically knew when Hoover or basically any of them came in besides Chapman that we would lose, especially when Hoover came in,lol.

Badenhop and Hoover have neither impressed this spring. I thought going into spring that Hoover would bounce back cause up until last yr he was 1 of the better relievers in baseball, and even though I never cared for Badenhop I thought he was a solid pickup as he did have a good season. Now I kind of think both are worthless, although Hoover as of late look like he might be turning the corner, but Im not holding my breath that happens.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-03-2015, 04:12 AM   #10
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Jason Marquis is going to be in our rotation. What a ****ing joke.

Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #11
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Billy Hamilton CF
Joey Votto 1B
Todd Frazier 3B
Devin Mesoraco C
Marlon Byrd LF
Jay Bruce RF
Brandon Phillips 2B
Zack Cozart SS

That was the lineup that trotted out against the Jays and I can see this being the Opening Day lineup.

I like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 12:17 AM   #12
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Billy Hamilton CF
Joey Votto 1B
Todd Frazier 3B
Devin Mesoraco C
Marlon Byrd LF
Jay Bruce RF
Brandon Phillips 2B
Zack Cozart SS

That was the lineup that trotted out against the Jays and I can see this being the Opening Day lineup.

I like this.

Yeah that's the lineup I had in mind when we got Byrd, that I thought would be the best, other than I hit Votto 3rd with Frazier 2nd. If healthy Votto is still the best overall hitter on the team.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #13
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Dam, Price worrying me with that pitching decision with Gregg, thankfully Frazier wins it for us.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-07-2015, 01:43 AM   #14
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Kevin Gregg is awful. Always has been. Why did we sign him again?

And Price said he'd consider using Chapman for more than one inning this year. Wasn't even warming up during the meltdown in the 8th.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I get sick and tired of seeing one of the best arms in baseball being used so little by Dusty Price.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:47 AM   #15
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:

And Price said he'd consider using Chapman for more than one inning this year. Wasn't even warming up during the meltdown in the 8th.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I get sick and tired of seeing one of the best arms in baseball being used so little by Dusty Price.

With a off day I don't know why Price didn't have Chapman ready, considering he said when he took over that was something he wanted to utlize more than Dusty would, but he is doing the same thing,lol.

I get not wanting to do it too much, but he has been throwing more than 1 inning during spring, and with a off day there wasn't any reason why Chapman shouldn't have been ready to bail Gregg out.

Cueto gets screwed again because of a crappy bullpen, if I was him, I would be looking forward to getting out of here when his contract is up Between the lack of offense the past few seasons, and last yrs crappy pen, Cueto has had a lot of ruined games where he dint get a win he should have.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #16
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

So frustrating. We have an off day today. That was the perfect situation to use Chapman for 2 innings, or you know not a scrub like Gregg to the second best hitter in the NL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »