Home

Official Cincinnati Reds Thread

This is a discussion on Official Cincinnati Reds Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #17
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 2015 Cincinnati Reds

I don't like our bullpen at all. I don't really like our pitching in general. It's great where it is (Cueto to start, Chapman to close), but otherwise is kinda bare. Hope the wild fluctuation of bullpens year to year holds up for us, because it doesn't look good. Poor Cueto...

Frazier is awesome! I'm a Votto guy, but he's a close second. That was big time yesterday. Looking forward to more moments like that outta Todd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #18
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I don't like our bullpen at all. I don't really like our pitching in general. It's great where it is (Cueto to start, Chapman to close), but otherwise is kinda bare. Hope the wild fluctuation of bullpens year to year holds up for us, because it doesn't look good. Poor Cueto...

Frazier is awesome! I'm a Votto guy, but he's a close second. That was big time yesterday. Looking forward to more moments like that outta Todd.

Yeah I aint got no faith in that pen outside of Chapman. Ive actually followed Frazier since his LLWS days, so I was thrilled when the Reds drafted him. The kid just has a knack for coming up with big hits.

There were some over on the Reds fan forums that didn't think much of Frazier when he 1st got his call, those guys don't say too much anymore. Once he got settled into 1 position he has become as good of a defensive player as there is, along with being able to hit.

I don't know how the lineup will all shake out over time, but batting Votto 2nd might not only be best for the team because of his OBP, but it also gives Votto probably more protection than ever. Because of Billy being on base the pitchers tedn to lose focus, and when you have Frazier followed by Mez they cant just pitch around Votto, because of the power of Frazier and Mez.

Offense has potential to be potent, but the bullpen might blow any lead we have once again this year. I was discouraged that Walt didn't do more to fix the pen than he did.

I could see a steady turnover in the pen trying to find the right guys this season, with shipping guys up,down, and completely out of town. I figure Lorenzen will be added at some point relatively soon if our bullpen blows like last yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #19
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Time for a sweep. Bullpen looked great last night. I think Hoover has a bounce back year.
B-Ham is so much fun to watch on the bases. A complete game changer there. Makes the pitcher constantly think and helps our hitters imo. Votto right after him is perfect with how many pitches he takes.
I'm really interested in how the guy we got for Latos (not going to try and spell his name on my phone lol) and Iglesias look in the next 2 days.

Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #20
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Vottomatic!

Fun start to the season. We need to get off to a hot start and take advantage of things when they're clicking. Helps to bury one of the better teams in the division early too.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-09-2015, 05:09 PM   #21
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Signs of a healthy Joey Votto? Check
Two one-run wins? Check
A sweep of the Pirates? Check

DeSclafani looked great today. Bullpen has looked great sans one inning on Opening Day. Remember when Dusty would play for a 14-inning game and not use his best relievers? Price sends in Jumbo and Chapman, and what do ya know, we score a run!

I'm liking the start of this season.

Last edited by jasontoddwhitt; 04-09-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 02:21 AM   #22
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt

Signs of a healthy Joey Votto? Check
Two one-run wins? Check
A sweep of the Pirates? Check

DeSclafani looked great today. Bullpen has looked great sans one inning on Opening Day. Remember when Dusty would play for a 14-inning game and not use his best relievers? Price sends in Jumbo and Chapman, and what do ya know, we score a run!

I'm liking the start of this season.

Yep, great way to start the season, and what Votto has done in all 3 games, not only should quiet the noise of the criticism but also help him regain his confidence in being 1 of the best hitters in baseball.

Yeah, Dusty was not the wisest when it came to extra innings,lol.

Billy also starting out the season well, as is the ToddFather. 1-7 in our lineup is as good as any lineup in the league if they are all healthy. Cozart is the only easy out in the lienups outside of pitchers, except for Leake, and Marquis can handle the bat descent too.

I also think our bench is better than it has been for a few years.

Pitching on paper isn't as strong as it use to be, but I would hope our bullpen isn't as bad as they were last yr, not sure you can get much worse than they were last season,lol.

Anyway good start to the season, and sweeping a really good team.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-11-2015, 11:12 AM   #23
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

2015 Cincinnati Reds

Joey Veeeeeee! Superhero extraordinaire!

Quote:
Old 04-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #24
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Weird. A certain Bryan Price ***** hasn't posted here. I wonder why?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »