Home

2015 Houston Astros

This is a discussion on 2015 Houston Astros within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #297
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2015 Houston Astros

No question that the future is very bright and we should expect many postseason appearances over the next decade (give or take a few years, of course). It's certainly going to be fun and much better than the last decade.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #298
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Now that our season is over I'm getting excited for free agency lol. I wonder what we will target. I think we need another bat, maybe left field? And we could also use a top of the line pitcher. I think we would have to pick one or the other, as we are a small market. I just think it's time to make a big splash for a superstar. For outfield I like Justin Upton and I really like Jason Heyward. And I wish we could get David Price but saying he is out of our price range is an understatement. Those are just my opinions though, so what do you guys think?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #299
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
Now that our season is over I'm getting excited for free agency lol. I wonder what we will target. I think we need another bat, maybe left field? And we could also use a top of the line pitcher. I think we would have to pick one or the other, as we are a small market. I just think it's time to make a big splash for a superstar. For outfield I like Justin Upton and I really like Jason Heyward. And I wish we could get David Price but saying he is out of our price range is an understatement. Those are just my opinions though, so what do you guys think?
I would love Jason heyward, also like the idea of adding Alex Gordan to patrol left field. Both guys would add OBA which is this teams biggest offensive need. I think we're good starting pitching wise. What we really need is hard throwing bullpen help. We don't necessarily need a closer, I like gregerson in that role. We just need a guy who can come in with 2 men on in the 7th inning and get a strikeout. I would like maybe Tyler clippard or Ryan madson, somebody like that needs to be priority number one. I would also like to see Micheal feliz in the pen, he isn't going to break into the rotation anytime soon and he has a pretty live arm. Feliz is a guy who could be the closer in a few years if they went that route.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:32 AM   #300
MVP

kmoser's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
I would love Jason heyward, also like the idea of adding Alex Gordan to patrol left field. Both guys would add OBA which is this teams biggest offensive need. I think we're good starting pitching wise. What we really need is hard throwing bullpen help. We don't necessarily need a closer, I like gregerson in that role. We just need a guy who can come in with 2 men on in the 7th inning and get a strikeout. I would like maybe Tyler clippard or Ryan madson, somebody like that needs to be priority number one. I would also like to see Micheal feliz in the pen, he isn't going to break into the rotation anytime soon and he has a pretty live arm. Feliz is a guy who could be the closer in a few years if they went that route.

Yeah I really like Gordon too, he will probably be cheaper than Heyward. And I agree about needing a bullpen arm, that would help out a lot. I think if we can solidify the bullpen that would help this team out a ton
Old 10-23-2015, 11:33 AM   #301
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
Yeah I really like Gordon too, he will probably be cheaper than Heyward. And I agree about needing a bullpen arm, that would help out a lot. I think if we can solidify the bullpen that would help this team out a ton
This team wins 90+ games and the AL West if the bullpen was better. Were probably even still playing baseball right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 11:56 AM   #302
MVP

kmoser's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
This team wins 90+ games and the AL West if the bullpen was better. Were probably even still playing baseball right now.

Definitely still playing baseball right now, it was terrible how we blew that 6-2 lead with only 2 innings left
Old 10-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #303
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Bullpen is priority 1.

Also, I know this ownership group has kept a tight budget but those days, I believe, are behind us. This is NOT a small market (4th largest city in the US). It's time to spend to get to the next level. I've heard the promises that they will spend when the time is right. That time has arrived.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #304
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Bullpen is priority 1.

Also, I know this ownership group has kept a tight budget but those days, I believe, are behind us. This is NOT a small market (4th largest city in the US). It's time to spend to get to the next level. I've heard the promises that they will spend when the time is right. That time has arrived.
Last off-season crane said he could see adding 20 million in payroll, it was increased by 22. That 22 million added neshek, lowrie, gregerson, and rasmus. Made a huge difference this year. I believe they will spend the money when it makes sense and on someone it makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »