Home

2015 Houston Astros

This is a discussion on 2015 Houston Astros within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:02 AM   #65
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2015 Houston Astros

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Astros: Single-A OF Derek Fisher sets California League record with 12 RBI in game, hits 3 HRs, including 2 grand slams.
Damn. That's a good week for most guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #66
Rookie

Does anyone have thoughts on some realisitic signings I can make in my Stros franchise that won't be too overpowering?

Although unrealisitic, I really want to trade for Starling Marte to place in Center Field and send Jake M. down to AAA to grow a little.

Just looking for some good ideas. Thanks gents.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #67
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p10maggs
Does anyone have thoughts on some realisitic signings I can make in my Stros franchise that won't be too overpowering?

Although unrealisitic, I really want to trade for Starling Marte to place in Center Field and send Jake M. down to AAA to grow a little.

Just looking for some good ideas. Thanks gents.
Unfortunately Marisnick doesn't develop much in the base game. One idea is to move Springer to center and bring in a right fielder. I did this and brought in Brandon moss from the tribe when they were struggling. What I did was I brought up Carlos Correa pretty early and played him at 3rd over valbuena which created a very right handed lineup, making the moss trade make sense for me despite his age.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #68
MVP

jmillhimes's Arena

OVR: 4

Stros erase a 4-0 deficit in tonight's game! Gattis hits his 12th of the year and stros lead 5-0 in 6th!

I'm actually going to follow the draft this year as Houston has the #2 and #5 picks! Another strong draft to sure up our minors even more
Old 06-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #69
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillhimes
Stros erase a 4-0 deficit in tonight's game! Gattis hits his 12th of the year and stros lead 5-0 in 6th!

I'm actually going to follow the draft this year as Houston has the #2 and #5 picks! Another strong draft to sure up our minors even more
Been listening to the game as I'm at work. Man this team just does not quit. They don't know how. I've said this many times this year so far but if this game was any of the last 5 years they lose this game about 6-1
Old 06-03-2015, 02:09 AM   #70
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
Unfortunately Marisnick doesn't develop much in the base game. One idea is to move Springer to center and bring in a right fielder. I did this and brought in Brandon moss from the tribe when they were struggling. What I did was I brought up Carlos Correa pretty early and played him at 3rd over valbuena which created a very right handed lineup, making the moss trade make sense for me despite his age.
In almost done with 2015 (have about 18 games left) but I started my Franchise on MLB14 and carried it over to 15. That, of course, makes my roster a bit different than yours.

My typical squad:

C Castro
1B Carter
2B Altuve
3B Dominguez
SS Correa
LF Dominic Brown
CF Fowler
RF Springer

Rotation
Cosart
Jeff Locke
Wojciechowski
Peacock
Appel
Old 06-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #71
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
In almost done with 2015 (have about 18 games left) but I started my Franchise on MLB14 and carried it over to 15. That, of course, makes my roster a bit different than yours.

My typical squad:

C Castro
1B Carter
2B Altuve
3B Dominguez
SS Correa
LF Dominic Brown
CF Fowler
RF Springer

Rotation
Cosart
Jeff Locke
Wojciechowski
Peacock
Appel
I admire guys who play every game. I can't do that without it getting stale. I always play about 4 games with every starter spread out throughout the season and all play-off games. I like the gm part of it too much to spend all my time playing games.
I also like to do many franchises with different teams over the course of a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #72
Pro

doyce7's Arena

I'm excited for tonight's game as it will be the first time I get to see a whole mccullers start. I always seem to be working late when he pitches

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »