Home

2016 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2016 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #73
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2016 Atlanta Braves

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Fredi told John today to do one of the following.

1. Fire me
2. Give me a vote of confidence
3. Pickup my 2017 option

#1 is coming soon, maybe even tomorrow with the off day.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk
Sounds like the front office is planning on firing him anyway..****mor is that Bud Black is going to be the guy. Not sure how I feel about that. I saw Black for several years in San Diego and while he never had talent there, outside of 2010 he didn't do anything. I would prefer they go with TP for the rest of the year...give him a chance.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #74
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Just a quick minor league update:

Since being promoted to AAA Ozzie Albies has really struggled...he's hitting .160 with nothing but singles and no walks since his promotion. Not a surprise, but I hope he starts figuring it out soon.

On the other end of the spectrum, Dansby Swanson just continues to rake...he's hitting better at AA than he did at A+, with an OPS over 1.100 and a great K/BB ratio.

Sean Newcomb has me concerned in that he continues to walk people...he is hard for the minor league guys to hit, but if he can't harness his control he'll get knocked around in the majors. Until I see him cut that walk rate in half I don't hold out hope that he is going to be a good MLB pitcher.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #75
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Sigh...this entire process is so unnecessary. Did we need to rebuild? Yes, but this team is SO bad and it really shouldn't be. It's hard to not be angry and how far this franchise has fallen...listening to the other team's announcers kind of giggle at how bad we are pisses me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2016, 07:33 PM   #76
All Star

OVR: 8

It was always going to have to get worse before it could get better. I'm shocked at how much worse it has gotten though, and to a degree I think it reaffirms that this was the process that needed to happen.

It has to get better though eventually. Now that Inciarte is back we have another .300 hitter with speed to add to the lineup one he is back to form. Freddie has started to hit which was always the key to the lineup, and Malex has been making good contact too. Throw in Markakis, and we're looking at potentially 4 quality bats in the lineup. Unfortunately, the rest of the infield isn't doing anything to help. If Aybar could could start hitting like his baseball card then this offense would be fine, but now that we are a full month+ in my hopes of that happening are dwindling.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #77
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
It was always going to have to get worse before it could get better. I'm shocked at how much worse it has gotten though, and to a degree I think it reaffirms that this was the process that needed to happen.

It has to get better though eventually. Now that Inciarte is back we have another .300 hitter with speed to add to the lineup one he is back to form. Freddie has started to hit which was always the key to the lineup, and Malex has been making good contact too. Throw in Markakis, and we're looking at potentially 4 quality bats in the lineup. Unfortunately, the rest of the infield isn't doing anything to help. If Aybar could could start hitting like his baseball card then this offense would be fine, but now that we are a full month+ in my hopes of that happening are dwindling.
I absolutely agree the rebuild had to happen...my ire isn't so much at the front office (although I do think they deserve some blame) as it is the lack of performance from the players. That is where my "unnecessary" comment comes from...on paper this team isn't this bad. We are actually getting decent starting pitching as of late, but the offense is just abysmal.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

At this point it is only about individual numbers, not winning games. I really am hoping to set the worst record in hopes that they won't try to hire from within the Cox "family" again. They need to go get the best available whether Cox and the former front office people are friends with them.

I can't watch the games, try to watch a few innings when someone is pitching I want to see or a new prospect is brought up. That is all I can stomach right now.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #79
All Star

OVR: 8

Reports that Julio will be made available. I understand it... I guess if we get a haul in return. At some point though don't we need major league talent? I'm not talking about guys on the wrong side of 30 who are at best short term options... I mean guys in their mid 20s who help the team now and going forward.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #80
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Reports that Julio will be made available. I understand it... I guess if we get a haul in return. At some point though don't we need major league talent? I'm not talking about guys on the wrong side of 30 who are at best short term options... I mean guys in their mid 20s who help the team now and going forward.
Honestly, as far as they have stripped it down, they might as well offer Freddie as well if they are going to offer Julio. We are SO far from competing as a Major League team so it's not like 2017/2018/2019 are going to be that much better to be honest. I mean, we won't be losing like we are now, but I don't think anyone is going to pencil us in as the NL East winners, so why are we hanging onto Freddie? I'm guessing because of the anger from the fans, but I kind of feel the say way with Julio. Why would you trade him?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »