Home

2016 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2016 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2016, 10:36 PM   #9
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2016 Atlanta Braves

I don't have the stats but after the ASG, our offense stunk...especially after we traded Kelly (who granted, we signed back this year) and Uribe.

I'm on board with out regarding the offense. I'd love to see Bourn give Inciarte some tips on SBs; for that matter, I desprately want Freddi to give our guys the green light. We cannot wait for the 3-HR so I want us to play like KC does a bit - put the pressure on the defense to make a play.

...but our pitching has some question marks.

Is Teheran a #1 guy?
Will Wisler develop into what we traded for?
Will Banuelos hold up?
Will Folty actually stick in the rotation?
How will our relief pitching hold up; will Grilli even be as good as last year?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #10
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I don't have the stats but after the ASG, our offense stunk...especially after we traded Kelly (who granted, we signed back this year) and Uribe.

I'm on board with out regarding the offense. I'd love to see Bourn give Inciarte some tips on SBs; for that matter, I desprately want Freddi to give our guys the green light. We cannot wait for the 3-HR so I want us to play like KC does a bit - put the pressure on the defense to make a play.

...but our pitching has some question marks.

Is Teheran a #1 guy?
Will Wisler develop into what we traded for?
Will Banuelos hold up?
Will Folty actually stick in the rotation?
How will our relief pitching hold up; will Grilli even be as good as last year?
Teheran is your #1 by default (and he pitched so much better in the last two months). A lot of his issues early in the year where mechanical and they looked ironed out.

Wisler also turned it around after he was pulled from the rotation...from that point on the guy was lights out. I truly believe he can develop into a solid #2 pitcher for us.

I have no idea about Banuelos, but man, I'm excited to find out...he looked really good when healthy.

I would love for Folty to be a starter, and a lot of his issues last year were health related (it was revealed he was battling issues as early as July and ended up having serious surgery). That said, I think he ends up in the bullpen.

As I said...relief will be MUCH improved. I could care less about Grilli to be honest...Vizcaino is the closer and Grilli will just be a trade chip if he comes back with any value.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #11
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Vizcaino > Grilli?

Freddi won't let that happen unless Grilli just stinks it up or gets injured, right? I'm assuming also Grilli will be ready come ST?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 10:51 PM   #12
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Vizcaino > Grilli?

Freddi won't let that happen unless Grilli just stinks it up or gets injured, right? I'm assuming also Grilli will be ready come ST?
We'll see in ST, but from what I've read the job is Vizcaino's to lose. Grilli is supposed to be ready a month or so into the season after an extended ST, at least that was the last thing I read.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:56 PM   #13
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

How about Laz's agent. Wow.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

O'Flaherty is back. Haven't really followed him since he left, but hopefully he still has some left in the tank.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #15
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
O'Flaherty is back. Haven't really followed him since he left, but hopefully he still has some left in the tank.
He doesn't...he's been batted around like a pinata in Oakland last year and in Pittsburgh this ST, but they need LH bullpen help and they are taking a flyer on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
He doesn't...he's been batted around like a pinata in Oakland last year and in Pittsburgh this ST, but they need LH bullpen help and they are taking a flyer on him.
I looked up his stats after I posted and, yeah, he has not fared well. He's had a decent spring though so maybe he'll be OK as a situational lefty.

Is Paco due back this season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »