Home

**The Official New York Yankees Thread**

This is a discussion on **The Official New York Yankees Thread** within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #393
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: **The Official New York Yankees Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
And if Tanaka would quit sucking ***. Sabathia gave the Yanks two really good pitching performances back to back. Your turn Tanaka.

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk

Yea if i had been on a secluded island somewhere and you told me Tanaka has struggled and CC was the most consistent starter Didi and Sanchez missed the first month of the season and Bird has done zero and been hurt again i would have face palmed and said OMG its a last place kind of year, yet here we sit in first place despite all that.

I think Severino and Pineda will get better as the season goes along as they have both made strides, Tanaka is a mystery i honestly think he is bothered by some type of ailment if not a down right injury his pitches are just sitting fat in the zone more times then not all of a sudden. Montgomery as a just over .500 guy that steadily improves is what you can ask/expect from a rookie 5 starter

Point being 1 more solid consistent pitcher i honestly think is all this team needs right now for a solid October run. Don't be surprised if after another rough start in a row from Tanaka he goes on 10 day DL and Chase gets called up from AAA for a spot start to kind of test those waters, just my observations at this point, its almost Memorial Day where the numbers and trends get "REAL" so to say lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 05-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #394
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Truthfully by the numbers Pineda and Severino have probably been our most consistent starters. C.C has been rough but picked it up his last two starts. But those two have really picked it up.

Tanaka has been a gas can and I'm starting to worry about him. Back to back awful starts. Something is definitely not right. All great pitchers have bad games. But he's had about three absolute duds so far. Not good.

Bryan Mitchell was called back up but apparently Tanaka is scheduled for his next start regardless. If Tanaka keeps struggling though I'd imagine Mitchell or Green will get a spot start. And that needs to happen because Tanaka hasn't given the offense a chance in hell to compete the last two games he's pitched.

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 05-22-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #395
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

Great to see the starters put together back to back solid bounce back starts last night from Montgomery and tonight from Severino, maybe the pitching has turned the corner, even though Montgomery start got wasted by the bullpen last night. None the less it looks like the hitting is starting to cool off so its going to be on the pitching for a few games.

Syracuse Orange

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2017, 09:05 PM   #396
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiddy
Great to see the starters put together back to back solid bounce back starts last night from Montgomery and tonight from Severino, maybe the pitching has turned the corner, even though Montgomery start got wasted by the bullpen last night. None the less it looks like the hitting is starting to cool off so its going to be on the pitching for a few games.

And great to see Tanaka pitching a gem offense a bit asleep right now.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #397
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/look-3...231046402.html

Article on how the 30 teams are looking going into the big offseason, but as we all know, only one matters...

Quote:
New York Yankees: More than $50 million come off the Yankees’ payroll this offseason, and by the time 2019 rolls around, they’ve got only $74.2 million guaranteed – less than the Royals or Marlins. Were Masahiro Tanaka to opt out of his current deal this offseason, the Yankees would rank 19th in committed money for ’19.

All of which is to say: Baseball should be scared. The upper reaches of Yankees management want Bryce Harper, and they can get him. If they really wanted to shoot the moon, they could target Harper and Machado. It’s a lot easier to spend on pricey free agents when they’re young – Harper and Machado will hit the market at 26 – and when there’s a core of stars like the one New York is building.

The Yankees’ patience in building the Aaron Judge-Gary Sanchez-Luis Severino core should be applauded. A few years ago, after they’d committed to going young, the Yankees received a whopper of a proposition from the Braves, who were about to start their rebuild: Jason Heyward, Andrelton Simmons, Melvin Upton Jr., Chris Johnson and David Carpenter for Judge, Sanchez, Severino and pitching prospects Ian Clarkin and Manny Banuelos. The Yankees said no. And because of it, nobody in baseball is in a better place to pounce in the 2019 offseason.
First paragraph is glorious but I'm not expecting it. I really believe in the depths of my soul that if the Nationals keep flaming out in the playoffs and can't get to the WS if not win it, Bryce will take his talents to the Bronx. And if he stays healthy this year and next, I don't see him signing an extension before hitting free agency, it's not in his best interest. I've seen a lot of people say they'd prefer Manny because of our outfield prospect situation but at 26, Bryce will be young enough to justify trading prospects for pitchers IMO. We'll be ready to go. Guys like Gleyber obviously would be a part of the team at this point. It's so much fun to think about.

How bout that trade tho?
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 05-27-2017, 06:46 AM   #398
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

**The Official New York Yankees Thread**

Yea too bad the bullpen blew Tanaka great outing, that's 2 now counting the Montgomery outing too, hopefully not a trend moving forward for the bullpen

Hopefully this outing though is where we can look down the road as where Tanaka finally turned the corner at got back on track

Chris Carter has to go, call someone up like Choi or put Holliday/Austin out there, he can't hit or field a liability on both ends, doesn't even look like he's trying at the plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Syracuse Orange

Last edited by Qdiddy; 05-27-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:19 AM   #399
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

Another solid outing by CC, and the starters in general this week. Looking forward to Severino having a solid outing Sunday to win the series, be nice if we can get these bats hot again sooner then later

Syracuse Orange

Old 05-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #400
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Well this is fun... Gardner is possessed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »