Home

**The Official New York Yankees Thread**

This is a discussion on **The Official New York Yankees Thread** within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: **The Official New York Yankees Thread**

I expect Teixera's bat to come alive here soon. I predict a homerun tomorrow. He did have a double today.

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #50
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
The problem is this plan you mention is not the first time it was the plan.

They've said before, we aren't spending, we aren't going to give guys big stupid contracts. And we are focused on youth.

Instead they gave up immediately on guys like Ian Kennedy, Austin Jackson, Cirvelli, and never fully supported Hughes (as if making him a reliever was some failure despite him being good at it) or Joba which was their own doing.

Then they went ahead and gave Beltran a contract and signed Ellsbury to a long dumb deal.

They've done good by keeping Gardner, betting on Headley (it hasn't worked out but it was a good idea), and making trades for guys like Eovaldi, Castro, Gregorious and Chapman.

It's just half foot in, half out. Need a commitment. And Counting your eggs on Harper is absolutely stupid.
I really don't think they are going back on that this time. They do actually seem focused on youth for real now. The Beltran deal hasn't been that bad, He still is very capable of producing and is so far and he isn't blocking anyone this year still. Judge is there but is he MLB ready yet? I would say no, not until next year or as a September call up this year and Beltran will be gone after this season. I will agree with you on the Ellsbury contract being terrible though. Plus you can still retool in the 2018 offseason with other guys except Harper. That's why that class is going to be so huge, many other guys will be out there along with Harper. Yes some will very likely end up extended before then but there's going to be plenty of talent like Machado, Fernandez, and Harvey.

Last edited by Rocket32; 05-15-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:28 AM   #51
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Im not convinced that Cashman is the guy we need to retool our system honestly. He's great at low key trades for value guys (Castro, Prado, etc.) but how many players have we homegrown in his tenure? Cano, Gardner, Dellin? Im just not convinced. We had a magic trio of pitching prospects years ago (Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy, Jobs) who were going to come up and anchor our rotation. Then it was the Killer B's (Brackman, Betances, Banuelos). Jesus Montero had a lot of hype and just died out. Austin Romine was well regarded at one point. I just am not totally convinced that Cashman (or whoever directly runs our system) is any good at finding or recognizing potential. Then we had an opportunity for just money (which we know yo the Yankees is damn near endless) and CHOSE not to sign a top prospect for nothing more than money. I don't know man, I like Cashman but I'm not sure he's a rebuilder. I guess we'll find out.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 09:50 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Yes I have to admit, we didn't go hard enough after Moncada.

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2016, 09:11 AM   #53
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

"I definitely feel like I can be the ace, but right now I feel like that's not my role. I want to go out there and have good outings, and put together consistent outings." Eovaldi

Strange thing to say IMO, I guess I understand what he means, but on any given day it doesn't matter who the ace is, we only have one starting pitcher. That guy needs fo be an ace everyday. I just find it strange that he feels this way. Hardly the "alpha" mentality you hear about a lot of athletes having, seems like a guy who lacks confidence. Not sure this is the place for that guy lol. Maybe a couple more good outings in a row and he can start feeling himself a little bit, I feel like it's important to go out there and pitch with swagger and have no fear out there.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #54
Pro

Themayorofawsometown's Arena

I think eovaldi is saying he believes he can be the ace and wants it so he says this as a subtle way of saying hey I can be the ace but since I'm not I'm gonna do good in the meantime

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk
Miami Heat
Old 05-25-2016, 07:40 AM   #55
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

Knew the game was over after Donaldson, last years AL MVP, executed a sac bunt to move runners to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and we got out of it unscathed. That's just desperate baseball, fishing for a run.

Good to see the team playing well again but I don't have any illusions of this team being better than they are. I would definitely prefer to go closer to .500 than lose 95 games. I wonder what will happen to the pen as we get later in the season, seems like we're in a great spot to really jump start the rebuild and dumping 2 or all of them if we can get a package like the ones closers were fetching last offseason. Gotta figure Chappie is a guarantee to be traded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 11:13 PM   #56
Banned

H8ter2's Arena

I think a little different from bullpen perspective. I think they keep Chap and Betances and move Miller either at trade deadline or in off season, he gets too much money to not be the closer and for what the Yanks are trying to do money wise. Both Chap and Betances are young and at or near top of their game, they give you a Wetland/Mo type of 1-2 punch like the start of the 90's dynasty

I think this team tips out at 10 games over .500 as they will be streaky all year IMO, unless the starters can really keep it up through rest of season, hitting will fall off planet at times with the age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »