Home

2018 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2018 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #65
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2018 Atlanta Braves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
...I'll post this here since folks seem annoyed that Braves stuff gets posted as much as it does. Acuna has been up for 5 games and has already posted a 0.3 WAR. That is a 10 WAR pace...pretty amazing.
A couple ate annoyed and they are mainly Cub fans. As much as I have had to hear over the last couple years about how good the Cubs are, I am happy to be able to even talk about the Braves without getting nauseous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #66
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
A couple ate annoyed and they are mainly Cub fans. As much as I have had to hear over the last couple years about how good the Cubs are, I am happy to be able to even talk about the Braves without getting nauseous.

Agreed. I have watched darn near every game even during the rebuild and it hasn't been very fun at times. In fact, for me this game was rock bottom for me (despite the 0-9 start in 2016):

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...01508300.shtml

That game came in the midst of a 12 game losing streak...to get destroyed and have Gomes on the mound was just embarrassing. Now, I can't wait to watch them each day...they are so much fun.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:30 AM   #67
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite

Yeah, I believe it was started by a Phillies fan and then some Cubs fans piled on. Some of the conversations may be better suited for the team thread, but overall I think it's fine. Atlanta has an active fanbase, and for the first time in several years we have something to be excited about.

Acuna has been a lot of fun to watch. It's exciting every time he makes contact, and he's already made some plays in LF that we wouldn't have gotten with either Preston or Bourjos.

Braves have won or split all but 1 series so far. The next 3 games are going to be a huge test though where we'll see all 3 of New York's big pitchers.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:52 PM   #68
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I think what's so exciting about this team is that these are position players...pitching is one thing, but it's exciting to see everyday players to really play to their potential.

Atlanta scored 10 runs yesterday without a single hit from Freddie Freeman. I love the approach in not trying to get a higher launch angle and swinging for the fences...I also love how aggressive the team is on the bathpaths - credit to Wash for that too. There is just a lot to love about this team; it's an exciting and refreshing brand of baseball.

Albies is definitely come back to earth, hopefully not too much. I'm also interested in how Acuna does this week as pitchers will start trying to jam him inside since he gets such great extension...I'm curious how he adjusts; I also expect a lot of breaking balls away too.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #69
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Looking over the stats from the first month and of course the offense has been tremendous. The one stat, and we all know this, that MUST change if this team is going to do anything this year, is the BB/9. We currently lead MLB at 4.9 BB/9 and yet we are 3rd in the league in leaving men on base (and turning the DP), so that tells me we've gotten a little lucky in terms of those walks not coming around to score.

If we don't tighten that up, I expect to regress to the mean and that won't be pretty...
Old 05-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #70
All Star

Really not a fan of pitcher hitting 8th. I know it worked on Sunday, and it's good in theory to have a 2nd leadoff hitter. The bottom of this team's lineup has been getting on base a lot though, and by hitting the pitcher 8th you're making it harder to get run production out of that part.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #71
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Albies your starting second basemen in this year Mid Summer classic.. Freddie should be too & also Dansby. Go Braves!

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #72
All Star

Never thought I'd say this, but if we lose Shane Carle that will be a big blow. He's one of the only relievers on this team who throws strikes. Hope he's ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »