Home

2018 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2018 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2018, 12:52 AM   #529
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2018 Atlanta Braves

Big rumor circulating from a very creditable source that we're very close to making a TRADE. Yes, a TRADE & not a FA signing this time. As these so called rumors sometimes do not come true I will not mention or bring the source into discussion. Let me just say they're very credible & have predicted/rumored MLB trades & FA signings many times before & have hit on quite a few of them.

The source doesn't mention who might be traded or the team(s) involved in this rumored trade but Braves prospects are rumored to be included in a possible deal. The report also states that if this is going to happen look for it to go down within the next few days.

Makes me so curious but we'll just have to wait & see. I wonder if it's a rumored trade for pitching(bullpen), a possible LF'er, or an Ace SP or just another bench/role player? The source doesn't seem to indicate that it's something minor either. Like it's a pretty big type of trade.

Who knows but Braves management at this time? The source obviously has picked up on it from inside the Braves organization but whether it comes to truth we're gonna have to wait & see. All team(s) involved could always back out of this supposed trade as well.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 12-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #530
All Star

OVR: 8

Would love to see a trade get pulled off for a front line starter. I don't want to see the farm gutted in a single move, but it's time to make use of some of those draft picks. I just hope we don't trade 2-3 top organizational guys for someone approaching the twighlight of their career.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-09-2018, 02:47 AM   #531
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

The rumored trade that I posted about a couple of days ago will probably be going down during the Winter meetings this Sunday-Thursday if it's going to happen.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 11:44 PM   #532
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

We released INF Rio Ruiz today & he was quickly claimed by the Orioles. Not a big surprise considering now that we have Donaldson & Camargo that can play 3B with Riley waiting in the wings. Culberson if needed can also play 3B in case of any untimely injuries @ 3B too.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 12-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #533
All Star

OVR: 8

I guess there are some rumors about us shopping folty and inciarte. The rumor goes on that inciarte is the more likely to trade. Kind of odd to me in both insurance, and I'm surprised that the order of preference isn't reversed.

While Acuna can play CF, we already have a missing roster spot in the OF. So in trading endar you would be opening another. (not including carmago as the full time Lf). You also have the issue of selling low on inciarte coming off a down year.

Folty would surprise me as he is the best pitcher on the major league staff. However, you would get the benefit of selling high and there is reason enough to be concerned that Folty doesn't have the mental makeup to be a front line starter. All of that combined with pitching being where all the organizational depth is make it seem like folty is a much more ideal trade chip of the 2.

Last edited by KSUowls; 12-11-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:47 AM   #534
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I guess there are some rumors about us shopping folty and inciarte. The rumor goes on that inciarte is the more likely to trade. Kind of odd to me in both insurance, and I'm surprised that the order of preference isn't reversed.

While Acuna can play CF, we already have a missing roster spot in the OF. So in trading endar you would be opening another. (not including carmago as the full time Lf). You also have the issue of selling low on inciarte coming off a down year.

Folty would surprise me as he is the best pitcher on the major league staff. However, you would get the benefit of selling high and there is reason enough to be concerned that Folty doesn't have the mental makeup to be a front line starter. All of that combined with pitching being where all the organizational depth is make it seem like folty is a much more ideal trade chip of the 2.

The more serious trade talk is for Inciarte than Folty. Folty is very unlikely to happen unless we can gain an ace starter plus either a true closer or LF'er in return. I have read that Braves management doesn't want to part ways with Folty because he has come so far unless we can get exactly what we want in return. That would mean a minimum of 2 MLB level players in a trade from 3 positions(SP,CP,LF) & probably a prospect in return as well.

Inciarte we could trade for & give away less but I'm like you we already really have 1 OF spot open. We would have to trade for another OF'er if we do trade Inciarte. Or, we're going to use the FA route & go after Brantley or Pollock & use Inciarte to trade for a SP,CP,LF. We can't replace what Inciarte has & can do on defense though. He might not hit but .250 or so & might not even hit double digits in HR but we don't need that out of him with this lineup that we have.

I think his defense is way more important. I would rather us keep him myself. That's unless we really can get an Ace SP, true closer, and/or a LF'er. Like I said above, a trade of Inciarte wouldn't bring as much as a trade of Folty. However, I don't think a Folty trade will happen at all but it's possible in my opinion we could deal away Inciarte even though I think we need to keep him.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 12-14-2018, 02:00 AM   #535
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Well, we left 1 open spot in case we drafted someone to add to the 40-Man roster from the Rule 5 Draft. Releasing Rio Ruiz allowed for that 1 spot to become open. We took players only from the AAA phase though in the Rule 5 draft as follows:

Round 1:

17. Braves: RHP Jason Creasy (D-backs)

Round 2:

30. Braves: RHP Rafael De Paula (Reds)

Round 3:

38. Braves: SS Riley Unroe (Angels)

The latest rumor is the Reds are wanting Inciarte in a big way. However, Braves management spoke on that & said while they're listening they still are not rushing/jumping into any trades/decisions. Also, the Braves don't really have any interest in any of the Reds MLB players nor any of their minor league prospects either.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 02:36 AM   #536
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Is the thinking behind potentially dealing Inciarte that Pache is coming and can be the "new" Inciarte?

I'd hate getting rid of Inciarte. Chemistry/leadership like that is hard to lose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »