Home

2019 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2019 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #57
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: 2019 Atlanta Braves

Unfortunately I'll be in Japan this year for both the Walter banks and the Ozzie albies bobbleheads

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-09-2019, 02:21 AM   #58
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Here is what MLB.com projects as our Opening Day 25-man roster:

CATCHERS

Brian McCann
Tyler Flowers
Alex Jackson

INFIELDERS

Freddie Freeman
Ozzie Albies
Dansby Swanson
Josh Donaldson

OUTFIELDERS

Ronald Acuna Jr.
Ender Inciarte
Nick Markakis
Adam Duvall

UTILITY PLAYERS

Charlie Culberson
Johan Camargo

STARTING PITCHERS

Sean Newcomb
Kevin Gausman
Julio Teheran
Touki Toussaint

RELIEF PITCHERS

Arodys Vizcaino
A.J. Minter
Jonny Venters
Darren O'Day
Sam Freeman
Jesse Biddle
Chad Sobotka
Dan Winkler

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/atla...ter-projection

I think they have it pretty close if not spot on. The explanation for the starting rotation I too believe is spot on. Since Folty won't be available Opening Day then there will be an extra roster spot open until he's back ready to go. That's one of the reasons we're starting out with 3 Catchers & also possibly an extra bullpen pitcher. I personally think Kyle Wright will be the 5th starter for the 1st go around of the rotation until Folty is able to pitch.

Plus, when Folty comes back if Touki doesn't start out pitching well then Wright will replace him pretty quickly for the official 5th spot in my opinion. Touki just might end up being better used out of the bullpen even though his last outing he started & pitched really well.

One thing that could be different than what's listed is our bullpen. They have Carle & Jackson left off the Opening Day roster but they have no options left. We just might need/have to have them on the Opening Day roster to give them a chance to see if they're going to be good enough to keep from being designated for assignment at some point in the season. If we do do that then we will probably only carry 2 Catchers & also send either Chad Sobotka or Sam Freeman down to Gwinnett.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 03-09-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:05 AM   #59
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Wish we were able to trade Foltynewicz before this injury concern popped up. But yeah, seems about right. Worried about the bullpen. We didn't do anything to fix anything. Last year was a disaster.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #60
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Christian Pache is having an awesome spring training. He's now batting .421 after hitting his 2nd HR of the spring today. I know he's young & isn't expected to be with the MLB club until at least 2020 but boy is he looking like a special talent.

On a side note: Newcomb made the start today & didn't pitch well. He gave up 3 Hits & 3 ER's in 2 2/3 IP while walking 3 & striking out 2. Control again was his biggest issue. Looks like nobody wants to be that Opening Day starter.

Teheran has pitched the best this spring with added velocity as well. Gausman in his last start looked bad so we just might be looking @ Teheran being our Opening Day starter again because of the Folty injury.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #61
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Christian Pache is having an awesome spring training. He's now batting .421 after hitting his 2nd HR of the spring today. I know he's young & isn't expected to be with the MLB club until at least 2020 but boy is he looking like a special talent.

On a side note: Newcomb made the start today & didn't pitch well. He gave up 3 Hits & 3 ER's in 2 2/3 IP while walking 3 & striking out 2. Control again was his biggest issue. Looks like nobody wants to be that Opening Day starter.

Teheran has pitched the best this spring with added velocity as well. Gausman in his last start looked bad so we just might be looking @ Teheran being our Opening Day starter again because of the Folty injury.
Pache is going to make it really hard for them to send him down...I'm excited about him and glad they didn't trade him for Sonny Gray back in 2017. An outfield of him, Acuna, and Inciarte....not a lot of balls will be dropping in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #62
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Pache is going to make it really hard for them to send him down...I'm excited about him and glad they didn't trade him for Sonny Gray back in 2017. An outfield of him, Acuna, and Inciarte....not a lot of balls will be dropping in.
Snitker already stated he is going to AA to start the year, but I can't wait to see him progress this year

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 03-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Surprised to see Alex Jackson get sent down today.

Allard is looking more and more like a guy we should have dealt a year or so ago. Kyle Wright, on the other hand ... future ace.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 03-12-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:56 PM   #64
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Surprised to see Alex Jackson get sent down today.

Allard is looking more and more like a guy we should have dealt a year or so ago. Kyle Wright, on the other hand ... future ace.
Ya, I'm afraid the shine has really come off of Allard...he looked bad last year in his call up and this spring hasn't helped. He has bust written all over him...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »