Home

2020 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2020 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #73
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: 2020 Atlanta Braves

I don't understand this team.

Pache was optioned back. Why they continue to put Ender out there when they could get a valuable look at pache is beyond me. I'm all for throwing this season away to see what the future holds, but even in this case it's not like you can get worse than a .516 OPS

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #74
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I don't understand this team.

Pache was optioned back. Why they continue to put Ender out there when they could get a valuable look at pache is beyond me. I'm all for throwing this season away to see what the future holds, but even in this case it's not like you can get worse than a .516 OPS

Agreed; I don't understand what has happened to Ender. Just a few years ago he was a valuable piece, even if he was a below average hitter. His OPS+ was enough that combined with his defense he was worth something, but now it seems like all he does is try and pull the ball and either rolls over or strikes out. I can't see this team picking up his option after next year...probably should be looking to trade him.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #75
All Star

Solid debut by Anderson. First full game I've watched all season, but it was fun watching him make his debut.

It wasn't the best Yankee lineup possible and some of the control issues that have been reported about him were on display. Still, 6 innings of 1 run baseball in your debut is still a positive.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 04:29 PM   #76
All Star

No big moves by Atlanta.

I'm honestly ok with it. I'd have like Lance Lynn, but not for 1 year. Clevinger would have been a solid get since he's under control through 2022, but it doesn't seem like we were every serious contenders. Im wondering if the expanded playoffs drove up the costs of everyone since so many teams were buyers.

I'm not mad that we don't have a new player right now, but AA needs to do something in the offseason

Old 08-31-2020, 05:11 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I know he didn't dazzle in his debut, but I actually like the Milone move. It's a very Braves-ish move, but I don't want to give up much this season. Hopefully he eats some innings at least.

I would have liked Lynn, but I don't want to give up Waters or anything like that. Bottom line, some of our young guys need to become major league pitchers and fast.

Folty is apparently throwing in the mid-90s again. I hate counting on him, but maybe he can step up.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #78
All Star

Another solid outing from Ian.

Both of his starts have been kind of weird. Results were there, and for the most part he looked like he had good command of his pitches. He combines that with a lot of wild pitches in the dirt though. More so than you would expect from a guy who othwerwise had pretty good command.

Old 09-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Braves are going to need to find 5 more bullpen arms and go all hands on deck

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2020, 08:13 PM   #80
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Ever since O'Ventbrel...this pen has been garbage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »