Home

MLB 08: The Show Opening Day Rosters Released

This is a discussion on MLB 08: The Show Opening Day Rosters Released within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #57
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: April 7th Roster update(the big one)

I'm waiting for Knights rosters anyway, but what was with them showing Fukudome in video's before release, with a player picture and Vasgersian announcing his name? I thought for sure he'd be in the game (hidden of course) until this update was released. The guy they have as Fukudome isn't even asian, it looks like a 18 year old hispanic kid.

And everybody's equipment being taken away is kind of puzzling. No wristbands, armbands, elbow guards, ect. for anybody in the game? What on earth happened there? This sucks for the people who were waiting for this update, I'm sure SCEA will address this soon.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #58
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
not mine. I'll just edit my Cardinals and then edit the teams as I play them. Its not that big of a deal if you ask me. Yes, its annoying, but hey, they make mistakes too. Its a shame that people are quickly forgetting all the good that SCEA does for us.
Oh im not forgetting that, the customer service from SCEA is the best ive ever come across and i thoroughly appreciate but you have to admit to release the opening day roster, THE big roster that everyone waits for with these kind of mistakes is a bit weak...

That said they wont leave it that way, ill simply wait till they fix it.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #59
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961
Accessories .... that would be gloves, suits of armor (my name for elbow and leg padding), what else?

I'm trying to assess whether to start or wait, and I don't pay much attention to this "accessories" issue personally.

I don't generally care much about this stuff ... I just care about playing baseball.
the only things that have been effected are:

Wristbands
Forearm Bands
Sleeves

Everything else has remained the same.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #60
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I'm waiting for Knights rosters anyway, but what was with them showing Fukudome in video's before release, with a player picture and Vasgersian announcing his name?
Yep, this is what i cant figure out too.

I saw that video, where has that version of Fukudome gone?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #61
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Oh im not forgetting that, the customer service from SCEA is the best ive ever come across and i thoroughly appreciate but you have to admit to release the opening day roster, THE big roster that everyone waits for with these kind of mistakes is a bit weak...

That said they wont leave it that way, ill simply wait till they fix it.
they made a mistake and its not as profound, imo, as people are making it out to be. Just to put some substance to that statement, in the 30 minutes or so that I have been posting in this forum, I have already edited my Cardinals, the Cubs(including batting helmets), the Reds, and the Astros.

Its not that long of a process to fix yourself.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #62
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
they made a mistake and its not as profound, imo, as people are making it out to be. Just to put some substance to that statement, in the 30 minutes or so that I have been posting in this forum, I have already edited my Cardinals, the Cubs(including batting helmets), the Reds, and the Astros.

Its not that long of a process to fix yourself.
but it's very annoying.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #63
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
but it's very annoying.
yes its annoying that I am having to do this, but its not that big of a deal. I mean, why don't you edit your team and then the current team you are playing. Or if you feel as though its that big of a deal, take a couple of hours to edit these things yourself. I have done the entire NL Central, finishing up the Brewers, in the little time that I have been on here. Not every player needs to be "fixed". And the made up minor leaguers, I really don't care about.

I miss the old OS

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #64
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

bottom line:
if u want proper rosters, whith the created players at least remembering what they look in real life, wait for kight and jim's rosters...
thats it.

not to mention they will also feature all the prospects that havent played in the mjors yet..unlike any SCEA roster update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »