Home

Question regarding 40 man roster for Franchise play.

This is a discussion on Question regarding 40 man roster for Franchise play. within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7
Question regarding 40 man roster for Franchise play.

I decided to start a Franchise and have a little fun since I am fairly new to the game. I downloaded Ridin's latest roster and immediately started my Franchise. The problem I am having however is in regards to the 40 man roster. My subs are limited to only 2 or 3 players for some reason. I am thinking it has something to do with the fact I traded virtually all my players for the best players in baseball in effort to create a dream team. Now my lineups are all jacked up and I only have two subs to choose from when I am tring to edit my starting lineup. I even tried removing players and adding players to the 40 man roster but I still am having an issue with the amount of subs I have in a game. Anybody else had this problem? Now my starting rotation is all jacked up as well.
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 20
Re: Question regarding 40 man roster for Franchise play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottcarbone
I decided to start a Franchise and have a little fun since I am fairly new to the game. I downloaded Ridin's latest roster and immediately started my Franchise. The problem I am having however is in regards to the 40 man roster. My subs are limited to only 2 or 3 players for some reason. I am thinking it has something to do with the fact I traded virtually all my players for the best players in baseball in effort to create a dream team. Now my lineups are all jacked up and I only have two subs to choose from when I am tring to edit my starting lineup. I even tried removing players and adding players to the 40 man roster but I still am having an issue with the amount of subs I have in a game. Anybody else had this problem? Now my starting rotation is all jacked up as well.
Every MLB team has 25 players on their roster. If you dont have enough subs on the bench then you must have too many pitchers in your bullpen.

For example, you are saying you only have 2 subs.....so that means you have 10 or 11 non pitchers, depending on if you are using the DH or not, during the game. Since you are allowed 25 total, that means you either have 14 or 15 starters and relievers. That would be too many.

You keep saying 40 man rosters, but that has nothing to do with the amount of subs you have during the game, or at least not until you can call up guys off your 40 man roster on September 1st.

So count your pitchers. I keep 13 non pitchers and 12 pitchers.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Okay thanks I have way too many pitchers for instance I had 15 SP and 8 RP, which evidently was off setting my subs. I also have 3 shortstops, 3 cf's, 3 lf's and 2 cf's. So yes I gues I have too many players at each position. So to fix this I would need to get rid of some of my pitchers?
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 04-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottcarbone
Okay thanks I have way too many pitchers for instance I had 15 SP and 8 RP, which evidently was off setting my subs. I also have 3 shortstops, 3 cf's, 3 lf's and 2 cf's. So yes I gues I have too many players at each position. So to fix this I would need to get rid of some of my pitchers?
No problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »